This very updated version from the old one what you have propably seen. I think im gonna record this some time. Tell me your opinions Crit For Crit
Attachments:
Apprehension.zip
Gear

Schecter Hellraiser C-1
ENGL Thunder 50 E322
Blackstar HT-50
Framus 2x12 Cab
Yamaha HS50M

Founder of Opeth Fans Group
whoa crap man, this is friggin sweet! It really reminds me of the songs that NovemberRain used to write before he started doing opeth and in flames influenced stuff. I sure as hell wasn't expecting something this good

Intro was good, although I think you should have done a little drum fill before starting out that riff or maybe like a pick slide or something. The melody was awesome though, really upbeat and catchy.

Verse was good, but it got repetetive after bar 26. The only thing that bothered me was the little thing that started in bar 20, where you hit those first two 8th notes. That kinda interrupted the flow for me, and I didn't really like it.

Chorus ws great but I think you should have harmonized the lead from bars 43-50, just for variation and to add dynamics so the listener doesn't get bored of hearing the same thing over and over again ya know? Up until bar 91 though, it was getting really repetetive, I found myself skipping over a lot of bars, so try to add variations on the 2nd verse and chorus and the prechorus. I don't think you should put the intro at bar 91 though. It gave me the feeling that the song was about end, so maybe put a different transition riff there instead.

Now I could listen to the riff in the break all day long dude; it sounded that sweet . Maybe put in some harmonization at bar 115 though. The variation was good, but was a little too boring just becasue of the note choice for the melody. It also got really repetetive at bar 131, so maybe do something different there.

The acoustic break was really sweet at reminded me of the interlude in Zombie inc. by in flames. I really loved that part. I think you should get rid of the chorus at bar 179 though, I think it's really overstayed its welcome in this song if you know what I mean. The Bridge was good, but I could really see just a kickass solo coming in at bar 211. the rest of the song was good though.

Overall it's a great song with a lot of great ideas, but it just gets really repetetive in a lot of places, and I'd also like to really hear a solo too. Awesome work dude

EDIT: If you get a chance, I'd appreciate it if you could take a look at the one in the bottom of my sig
Sounds quite Maiden-ish. Loved the acoustic break.

And I didn't find it boring at all, since the song's structure is just begging for lyrics.
Wow, sure as hell wasn't expecting that.

The intro melody was awesome, it all was, but i suggest that in the drum part here you change all the Crash Cymbals to Open Hi-hats (Or whatever 46 is), that would make it less full on, which will sound excellent.

The verse was awesome, just awesome.

Same with the Chorus, but as i've said above, changing the crash cymbal to an open hi-hat will make it sound a whole lot better IMO.

The break was awesome as well Reminds me a lot of what NovemberRain used to write, as said above, which is nothing but a good thing.
One thing to suggest, when you repeat it I'd add some harmony to it, in thirds, but leave out harmonising the pedal note, if you know what i mean.

I'd also like to see the Acoustic part longer, just repeated but add like faster paced drums to pick it up a little until it moves on.

The bridge sounded a bit odd to me, but ah well.

Crit mine? Any of the ones at the bottom of my sig
Never mind, i just went back through my threads and owed you a crit on this one

Sorry for the late reply.
Last edited by buckethead_jr at Nov 5, 2007,
Dang! Thats amazing!

The intro was nice. The whole song is very energetic. The drums sound great. The break with the acoustic guitar is different but still really good. The bridge sounded a little to strange for me. Maybe change the main guitar part a little there. Other than that, this song rocks!
Not my thing at all,
But **** i can see its an amazingly written peice!
All the riffs in this are class, and the bridge is good as well as the acoustic bit.
I was just begging for a power metal guitar solo though and it never came :P
One thing i would say is drums could be a lot better, but thats just being fussy

Crit mine in my sig if you have the time
Watch out for FLOODS exploding onto the UK Deathcore scene this summer.
I'm going to be honest ok. *deep breath* I liked it, there was nothing wrong with it throughout the piece. Loved the bridge! But compared to a lot of other pieces on here, you've got tough competition!
Just clarifying, the Lead Guitar II track is just overdubs right? If not, flesh out the parts a little

That was pretty damn good though. Certainly had some ideas for vocal rhythms popping up whilst listening to it (if you ever record this, make sure you put some vocals over the repetition of the main riff after the second chorus). Nice harmonising in the 'variation' section, however I think that a proper solo should follow it or indeed precede it, with a bit more speed. You need to soften up the segue into the acoustic break too, there isn't a real link between the bit before, though perhaps vocals could solve that too.

The only real problem I had with it was the chorus, in that that repeated phrase just kinds of grates on my nerves after a while. Switch it around with every other repetition, perhaps? Also I didn't like the breakdown (not a bridge ) but that's just me and my dislike of such things. However with good production, vocals and really tight drumming that could sound pretty cool recorded.

(return crit link's in my sig)
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Wow that was pretty ****ing good man, epic. I really liked it.

And yea, I see how it sounds like my old songs (man it feels so wierd though being referenced like that )
Alta Vera - My real life alternative rock band.
Ashen Spire - My personal metal band.

Super Mario, F-Zero & Dragonball Z covers!

PSN: whatev27

Let me ask you, does a machine like yourself ever experience fear?

OMG.... rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off