Anyone got any recommendations for a new seven string? I'm a Deftones, Fear Factory and Korn nerd and I'm dying to get a seven string!

I had a Schecter Omen Extreme in mind and just replace the pickups with some Dunlops or something along the same lines if the factory are a bit lacklustre.
I'm not so sure about that though cause it might just be better to go right for a better guitar with quality pups? Anybody got any seven stringers they tried they thought were awesome. I'm not fussy on necks or bridges, cross between a Ibanez flat neck and a more round neck like BC Rich would be cool but not fussy. I gots me abouts 600 euro to spend!
a schecter hellraiser c7 or an ESP SC 7 string baritone would suit you. or you could get an agile interceptor pro.
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
never played a seven string one, but let me tell ya - omen extremes are made of crap wood.

that being said, im still actually considering buying one.

sorry i couldnt help with the 7 string thing but yeah, thats just something to keep in mind.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
I second the a Schecter Hellraiser c7
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
Quote by AngryGoldfish
Anyone got any recommendations for a new seven string? I'm a Deftones, Fear Factory and Korn nerd and I'm dying to get a seven string!

I had a Schecter Omen Extreme in mind and just replace the pickups with some Dunlops or something along the same lines if the factory are a bit lacklustre.
I'm not so sure about that though cause it might just be better to go right for a better guitar with quality pups? Anybody got any seven stringers they tried they thought were awesome. I'm not fussy on necks or bridges, cross between a Ibanez flat neck and a more round neck like BC Rich would be cool but not fussy. I gots me abouts 600 euro to spend!

Ok i think/hope you were referring to Duncan pickups rather than Dunlop. As for other recommendations, there is the RG7321 from ibanez, S7320, RG1527. From schecter there is the omen 7 of course, the C-7 range of models are pretty cool as well.

It is always worth checking Ebay though for various discontinued models which sometimes crop up.
Might be a little out of your price range, but Gary Kramer's new F-1 looks absolutely awesome for that kind of stuff:

7 strings + 36 frets? That's a lot of notes...
Yeah Duncan, I did mean that. I saw some well good sets on Thomman guitar, had great reviews. I was looking at a Stephs guitar but I don't want a signature, I always thought, for myself anyway, that I don't want to play the guitar of my hero...I already play like him...I don't think I should mimick him toooooo much! That prob sounds pompous but screw it!
Schecters might be my best bet I wreckon. How do you know about that woods on Schecters?
Quote by kyle62
Might be a little out of your price range, but Gary Kramer's new F-1 looks absolutely awesome for that kind of stuff:

36 frets - most of which you can't use by the loosk of it.

How the hell can anyone's fingers hit those top frets?! They're not only tiny, but they're way outta reach!!
Quote by AngryGoldfish
Yeah Duncan, I did mean that. I saw some well good sets on Thomman guitar, had great reviews. I was looking at a Stephs guitar but I don't want a signature, I always thought, for myself anyway, that I don't want to play the guitar of my hero...I already play like him...I don't think I should mimick him toooooo much! That prob sounds pompous but screw it!
Schecters might be my best bet I wreckon. How do you know about that woods on Schecters?

woods on schecters are generally good in the C-7 range. The checter C7 Hellraiser, the standard C7, the C7 FR and the jeff loomis signature are all great guitars.

Look at agile guitars. You can get a baritone guitar(great for deftones) with EMG pickups and (i think) mahogany body for approx $300-$600 depending on the model you choose. Best deals out there
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Quote by AngryGoldfish

To me that says no solos. YOu might be better off just getting a 6 string baritone and downtuning, as you won't need the top string much...
Quote by kyle62

...don't like it. looks ridiculous

I also think the Hellraiser is more than 600 euros. maybe the Ibanez RG7320 and a pup change would do the job?
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
Quote by postmortem2006
36 frets - most of which you can't use by the loosk of it.

How the hell can anyone's fingers hit those top frets?! They're not only tiny, but they're way outta reach!!

on his site(or some site that he was giving an interview on i guess) it says that its for tapping which makes sense.

and to everone who is recomending an ibanez, he needs a long scale guitar for the music he likes. Atleast a schecter scale 26.5, otherwise the low B is just too flappy and loose and thats in standard tuning. I have a 58 as my low B on a 25.5" guitar and its too flappy for my tastes.
On top of that, all the bands he list always drop tune. That means that he would require heavy heavy strings or a long scale guitar.

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
I was thinking that...what the hell is the point of all those bloody frets when you can't reach them! Hella cool!...pointless stuff always is. Ibanez...not so keen on them but I'lll have a look for sure. What baritones are good these days out there in my original price range. I rarely ever see Bairtone style guitars around...maybe cause I live in the back ass of nowhere though!
Quote by AngryGoldfish
I was thinking that...what the hell is the point of all those bloody frets when you can't reach them! Hella cool!...pointless stuff always is. Ibanez...not so keen on them but I'lll have a look for sure. What baritones are good these days out there in my original price range. I rarely ever see Bairtone style guitars around...maybe cause I live in the back ass of nowhere though!

for baritones, all the schecter 7s are small-scale baritones, theres the ESP SC baritone and then there are agile 7 strings. Thats about it for mass produced commercial ones

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
I didn't think Ibanez would suit my style...but how come korn uses them. I know he uses very low tunings but he has his own signature model so he could of had a larger scale neck fitted for his taste? I'll have a look for some ESP guitars if thats the recommended ideas.
Nah Korn use conventional 25.5 scales as far as im aware, they are just very careful when it comes to EQing their amps. Ive seen people tune down to F# on a 24.75 scale les paul 6 string and it still sounding very good, if you buy a baritone all it will do is help out in the EQ stage of your sound.
Ibanez probably made them the best offer, most comfortable necks, he just liked them. I dunno. THe K7s are really overpriced, and A standard isn't as low as it gets anyway.
I will probably go as low as G#. I can't imagine needing to go any lower than that. I am very particular about my guitar sound, like the EQ so I would prefer to fork out the extra cash for a baritone guitar. But if I'm paying more money I'm going to have to try it out before I buy it, which means taking a trip to England or maybe Dublin if I can find a shop there that stocks Baritones.
Quote by AngryGoldfish
I will probably go as low as G#. I can't imagine needing to go any lower than that. I am very particular about my guitar sound, like the EQ so I would prefer to fork out the extra cash for a baritone guitar. But if I'm paying more money I'm going to have to try it out before I buy it, which means taking a trip to England or maybe Dublin if I can find a shop there that stocks Baritones.

Good god, just get one of those 8 string Ibanez.

Meanwhile, on the 7string Front, Jackson's oft- forgotten COW series.
Quote by hmmm_de_hum
Nah Korn use conventional 25.5 scales as far as im aware, they are just very careful when it comes to EQing their amps. Ive seen people tune down to F# on a 24.75 scale les paul 6 string and it still sounding very good, if you buy a baritone all it will do is help out in the EQ stage of your sound.

and the feel. cummon, unless yur using really thick gauges on that 6 string it feel annoyingly slack.

As for korn, their sound benefits from being floppy in the low end.

anyway bac to thread poster, depending on how much tension you like, for G#, you'd deffinitely want some sort of exended scale or you'd want to use very thick strings. Otherwise it'll be flappy.

The reason I also recomend a baritone is because you'll have a tough time getting gauges unless you mix bass and guitar gauges (which will cost quite a bit, especially if you change strings often).

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
COWs are good, but not everyone has the dough. I think TS would be better off with a Schecter than an Ibanez, despite Korn and Dino use Ibanez.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?