I was looking at the gibson sg and there's alot of choice to pick. Wich one is better for me?

I play rock, punk, heavay and metal.

price range at: 800 to 1050
in that price range can you really afford it? im assuming your talking american dollars?

here in aus they retail at $2699 (which equates to around US$2500)

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Get the standard, it's perfect how it is besides the fact you don't get a whammy, but you don't really need a whammy.
Gear: Gibson SG standard EMG ZW pickups, vintage Acoustic combo, Boss ME-50, 12 string Ibanez.
Quote by Bonsaischaap

yeah we can get the for around 1800 (aus $) on a good day. i was just talking reccomended retail. (which is probably higher here because of the costs/taxes for importing, etc)

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
My crazy suggestion that you won't listen to is to get the Samick TR4 and upgrade the pickups and the hardware.

A better balanced body than the SG, and it has a carved top .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll
My crazy suggestion that you won't listen to is to get the Samick TR4 and upgrade the pickups and the hardware.

A better balanced body than the SG, and it has a carved top .

It's made of alder...
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

I played both the SG Standard and the SG Special at Guitar center and they both were identical in sound and playability and the faded special was about $600.00 compared to the $1300.00 for the Standard. The special has 490R,490T alnico humbuckers which I like better.

John