Hey guys, could you crit our set list please?

where a classic rock influenced band we play manily rock music and dabble in a bit of modern stuff bassically there is some thing for most rock fans and a few other people as well.....

where a 3 pice band called indigo child ( comments on the name please? what do you think of it)

Heres the setlist - in order please comment of songs and the order and sujjest others in similar style ( dispite most of these songs being quite easy we can player to a higher standard than this);

Immigrant song - led zep
you really got me - van halen (originally kinks)
Dani california - RHCP
voodoo child - jimi
our own song ( ballad )
knocking on heavans door and wonderful tonight - eric clapton medely
brown sugar - rolling stones
twist and shout - beatles
our own song ( up tempo rock song )
another one of our own ( rock riff bassed song think led zep meets the jam )
let me entertain you - robbie williams
paranoid - black sabbath
i predict a riot - kaiser chiefs
the fast bit on bohemian rhapsody - queen

what are your opinions / suggestions on this set list and the order of the song?
thanks for the help.

we would also like to include a muse song and maybe a different jimi hendrix and beatles song what are your suggestions on these?
any other songs you think we could do? just to give you an idea we have done "harder" stuff in the past including over the mountain and mr crowley by ozzy osbourne. Please recomend some classic rock tunes.
well, first, if you're intending to play that many covers in one setlist, then you're never going to be playing a set long enough to play all those songs. shorten the list, include more of your own songs, and keep the Black sabbath and the RHCP in (i dont like RHCP or that song much, but the song is a modern classic nd everyone knows it)
Epiphone Dot-335
Fender USA Tele
'82 30th anniversary Les Paul goldtop
1965 pre-CBS Fender Jaguar

Crybaby
TS-9
turbo rat
Ge-7
+many more

Fender Twin Reverb
King's Full-tube 100 watt half stack. - £300
Bohemian rhapsody? Man, I'd drop that, nobody should cover queen, everyone will just say you murdered it. Even if you didnt.
Please...for the love of god...get rid of the Hendrix one. If you were in a group of teens going to a gig for the fun of it, do you want to hear a 5 minute guitar solo? It's just plain boring. As are half of the other covers here. I'm just telling you for your own good. EVERYONES band at some point or another has covered most of these songs, and I think you should try and be a bit different.

Maybe include some more originals...Infact, definetly include more originals. If someone wanted to hear a bad rendition of their favorite songs, they could look it up on Youtube.

So, in short: Lose the cliches and get a few more of y0our own songs to set you apart from the other bands from your area =]
the set list is pretty boring . I mean the order in which songs are writtern is not that cool really . Moreover some of the songs are just cliche like everyone has done them . Just drop those cliches if ur looking to promote ur orignal put them in a right place. And i didn't like the name indigo. It's a colour which is a rip off of blue .
Hi
If you're going to do songs from bands like Zeppelin, The Beatles, Sabbath, Hendrix, or RHCP, I would advise you NOT to do all their generically popular songs, like you listed Immigrant Song, Paranoid, Voodoo Child, Dani California, yadda yadda. Unless you are putting your own twist on all of them, it just gets kind of pointless and repetative hearing a band do all these immensely popular rock songs. It makes you look kind of like a very amature, mediocre cover band, don't take offense to that. You should come up with more material of your own. I know its a burden and when I was in high school I could not write a song for the life of me. In my high school band we played like Sweet Child O Mine, Rock and Roll, and Basket Case and I felt like such a tool playing these really well known popular songs. Its cool if you get up there for like an encore and throw in an Immigrant Song or something, or if you like tease it within another song. All I'm saying, is if you're set on covering these guys, do like Dancing Days, How Many More Times, or something thats not like a classic Zeppelin song that everyone will be like.... "oh this song..." Or for RHCP, cover like Mellowship Slinkys in B Major, thats a SICK song. I hope you catch my drift, good luck.
*Official Deadhead*

The times they are a-changin'
Here are some artisits we like, could you help us pick some songs that would fit together that arent to obvious;

led zep
RHCP
jimi
eric clapton medely
rolling stones
beatles
black sabbath
kaiser chiefs
Him
pink floyd

and a couple more if you have any ideas?
Led Zeppelin: Houses Of The Holy, When The Leeve Breaks
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Can't Stop, Give It Away, any one of their funkier songs
Jimi Hendrix: Crosstown Traffic, Red House.
Eric Clapton: Blues Power, Cocaine,
The Beatles: Helter Skelter (That would be really cool)
Black Sabbath: Lady Evil, Heaven and Hell, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, Into the Void
Pink Floyd: Time, Lucifer Sam, Welcome to the Machine, Have a Cigar
Cheers C miller

new set list

The Rolling Stones; start me up
Led Zeppelin: When The Leeve Breaks
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Give It Away
Jimi Hendrix: still not decided possibley some thing of bold as love?
Eric Clapton: Cocaine,
The Beatles: Helter Skelter
Pink Floyd: Time
Led Zeppelin; Immigrant song for encore
a Wishbone ash song
three or four of our own

opinions?
Quote by The_0thersid3

a Wishbone ash song

Probably not the best idea
Now, a question of etiquette - as I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
ya i agree with frusanti rhcp.... they are so random. id trade you really got me for a different van halen song.... maybe... jump?? and especially more originals!!!!! also, for muse knights of cydonia and take out bohemin rhapsody nobody can do it like queen. and for the beatles do help!!!
Quote by bliss10
ya i agree with frusanti rhcp.... they are so random. id trade you really got me for a different van halen song.... maybe... jump?? and especially more originals!!!!! also, for muse knights of cydonia and take out bohemin rhapsody nobody can do it like queen. and for the beatles do help!!!

I agree with this guy, except for the Van Halen song suggestion, never do the song jump, I think people will laugh if you do it.

Oh and is the following annoying yet? More Originals!
Quote by sven_cliffy
Probably not the best idea

yeah. Why not? I love Wishbone Ash.

If you do go with Wishbone Ash, I'd pick Sometime World.
i reckon cut a few songs out a good set list would be:

you really got me - van halen (originally kinks)
Dani california - RHCP
voodoo child - jimi
knocking on heavans door- eric clapton
brown sugar - rolling stones
our own song ( up tempo rock song )
another one of our own ( rock riff bassed song think led zep meets the jam )
let me entertain you - robbie williams
our own song ( ballad )
Almighty blues - wishbone ash
Rolling stones - start me up
Eric Clapton: Cocaine,
The Beatles: Helter Skelter
Pink Floyd: Time (ignoring the intro)
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Give It Away
Led Zeppelin; Immigrant song for encore

And to the guy who voted against wishbone ash;

Get the **** away from my thread.

And to C miller:

Again thanks, I love some time world although i doubt the singer could play that and sing!!! lol any other sujjestions for WBA would be great though!
Feel free to PM me for a chat about Wishbone.
for hendrix do manic depression. or fire. or something less popular than voodoo child.