So my bassist and I came up w/ a new song last night and during the breakdown theres a really sweet fast paced progression that I think would sound awesome on a 12 string. Im running a mixer thru my comp and recording via Kristal. Not much I know but i work w/ what I got. So is there a good VST plugin or some other way of making the 6 string sound like a 12.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Way to mis-spell Frusciante
MARK ALL THAT APPLY:

[_] [_] [_] [_] [x]

Quote by cagnius
Shut up. Actually, higher mods...can we ban him for being a cunt?
Quote by DTOE
Way to mis-spell Frusciante

Way to contribute to a thread.

Octave pedal or something similar? I have no clue for plugins, but there's bound to be one somewhere.
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
Try an octave pedal or get a Digitech Whammy. If you got a Whammy you'd be able to use it on loads of songs 'cause of the loads of effects it offers.
an octave pedal will only throw everything up or down an octave...you have to go back over the track and whenever theres a note on the E, A, or D strings, play it with an octave +1 pedal. The G B and e strings on a 12 are just doubled, so dont worry about that.
i had never thought of that before but if you do roit act and take it t's together you might get close i will try it in a bit,a really cheap way to get that chime sound is to use paper clips on your strings near the bridge.
i dont use octave pedals much, but could you have two and put one down a octave and have the other one after it up a octave? idk... i never use them. i just have a whammy pedal. and i dont use it much.
Fender H Stratocaster USA.
SX P90 Mahogany Hawk
Gibson Les Paul Studio Double Cut

Delta Labs Tube Driver
Hardwire SC-2 Valve Distortion
Delta Labs Stereo Chorus
TC Nova Repeater
Korg Pitchblack Tuner Ped

Fender Super Champ XD
Just record it twice. Pan one track hard left, one hard right, and put some reverb on both of them. It'll sound very lush and wide.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by soul_power
So my bassist and I came up w/ a new song last night and during the breakdown theres a really sweet fast paced progression that I think would sound awesome on a 12 string. Im running a mixer thru my comp and recording via Kristal. Not much I know but i work w/ what I got. So is there a good VST plugin or some other way of making the 6 string sound like a 12.

If you are trying this on an electric, I can't be of much help. If you are doing the part on an acoustic guitar with a pickup, mike the sound hole and also record directly from the pickup. You will have to experiment with the distance on the mic to get a little delay without losing sound quality. Then just experiment with the mixes. I've been able to get some 12 string sounds with just a 6 string.

Another option, and this would work with an electric, now that I think about it, and I don't know how Kristal works, but in Audacity you can duplicate a track. Make a duplicate and then experiment with offseting one track a hair or 2 (like .5 seconds or less). Try that as well

Tony
Quote by soul_power

If you can't find a way to get that 12 string sound
then try laying a to or three peace track like tony iommi doe's
on sabath bloody sabbath.