Well, I have the crappiest electric you could think of, or maybe not. but anyways Ive had it and beat it up for like 4 years, and Its time for a new one.

This time around though im not sure..

Should I get a decent electric guitar? The only thing I hate is getting a nice amp and plugging in.

Not really sure what kind to get. for not to much.

Then i was thinking accoustic. I like them because I can play easy on the couch or what ever without plugging in, and good tone because of not having a bad amp.

Was thinking an ovation or something still not sure either.

Any idea on what I should do?
Acoustics are sweet, im thinking of buying one.

It's really up to you. I would suggest getting a nice amp or an acoustic. What's your budget and what do you like to play?
( ozzy fans would kill me )

Well.. I play alot of worship for my church and usually thats accoustic. I play rock too aswell.

I think im better off for accoustic. Considering being 14, parents giving me 100 bucks, i have 100 bucks. and lets see what else I can come up with?
$100? Yeah go with acoustic. I would buy used though, since it might be hard to find a solid top Acoustic for $100 new.

Craigslist, eBay, ect.
Quote by MxPxPanic
Well, I have the crappiest electric you could think of, or maybe not. but anyways Ive had it and beat it up for like 4 years, and Its time for a new one.

This time around though im not sure..

Should I get a decent electric guitar? The only thing I hate is getting a nice amp and plugging in.

Not really sure what kind to get. for not to much.

Then i was thinking accoustic. I like them because I can play easy on the couch or what ever without plugging in, and good tone because of not having a bad amp.

Was thinking an ovation or something still not sure either.

Any idea on what I should do?

Acoustics are very useful, so you might want to consider a reasonably priced acoustic and to put the rest of your budget towards upgrades on your old electric.

A few brands to ckeck out would be Takamine, Aria, Crafter, Washburn, Taylor, Seagull, Simon and Patrick (they have a few nice ones) and Ibanez.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Nov 3, 2007,
i meant i have 200 bucks and counting at top poster.

And yea, but I just really dont wanna upgrade my electric its not worth it. But I think I would be happier with a new SG or something lol.
Quote by MxPxPanic
i meant i have 200 bucks and counting at top poster.

And yea, but I just really dont wanna upgrade my electric its not worth it. But I think I would be happier with a new SG or something lol.

Well with 200, look at Washburn acoustics. They're supposed to be really nice with great value for money.

Also, if you really want a new electric with that money with an SG shape, check out the Vintage VS6.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
just keep the one you have until you have enough for a REAL sg or somethin else nice...dont buy another guitar your going to want to replace in 4 years!
Gear: Fender standard 60th anneversary strat
Fender Fm 412r
epiphone jumbo acoustic

Quote by deaththrashcore
This morning I found a tick on my nutsack. Not the weirdest but the only thing I can think of right now...