I've been wanting a seven string for awhile and I finally scraped enough money together for this baby.....
What do you think? Any recomendations before I order it?

Thanks,
P.S. Sorry for the crappy quality. UG upload size limits made me cut down a little.
Attachments:
Carvin Guitar01.jpg

Gear:
-------------------------------
Guitar:
MIM Fender Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Recto
Cube 60

Quote by wyldedarko
Dude, if you already have the capo just put it behind the nut and it lowers everything.

n00bS....
The only thing I would change out if I could is the pups. I've never heard them. Any opinions?

Gear:
Guitar:
MIM Fender Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Recto
Cube 60

Quote by wyldedarko
Dude, if you already have the capo just put it behind the nut and it lowers everything.

n00bS....
Is Beyond the Shadows a band name?
My Rig:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom - Alpine White
Vox AD30VT
Epiphone SG Special - Black
Planet Waves Cables
Levy's Strap
Dunlop .70 Picks
To make a long story short....
Back in the days of knights and things, everyone had a symbol and a motto. That was my families motto. The origanal saying is Über hinaus die Schatten. Which roughly translates to Over Out the Shadows, but the combination of over and out means beyond.

Plus I thought it sounded cool.

Gear:
Guitar:
MIM Fender Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Recto
Cube 60

Quote by wyldedarko

n00bS....
Last edited by Leftyguitar51 at Nov 3, 2007,
Carvin pickups aren't bad, but you can always get aftermarket pups later.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Sweet, take pics when you get it then you can join the legion

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
All right, I'll post pics. I was thinking about changing the pups with a DiMarzio DSonic in bridge and Neck Blaze for the neck.

Gear:
Guitar:
MIM Fender Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Recto
Cube 60

Quote by wyldedarko

n00bS....
The one thing that i would change would be no active electronics. I've heard they can be more trouble than they're worth after a while. I opted for the passive ones on my DC127 and have not been disappointed. Other than that, great specs! Can't wait to see it.

EDIT: Oh, and for the body options, if you put maple neck/mahogany body, and then the 5 piece neck, youll have the mahogany body and the five piece neck, thats what i did. So you dont need to put mahog neck/mahog body and then five piece, just the mahog body/maple neck in addition to the five piece.
Last edited by DarkRaven03 at Nov 3, 2007,
Hey, thanks that'll save me some cash.... Kudos
BTW I'm just getting the Active Routing for security. So if I ever want to put in actives I can.

Gear:
Guitar:
MIM Fender Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Recto
Cube 60

Quote by wyldedarko

n00bS....
Oh yeah, just forgot, you should also put a tung oil finished neck on there! I have one on mine and its the best neck i've played hands down. Unless you have a preference for gloss, you should do the tung oil neck.
+1 for the tung oil neck!

I guarantee this will become for favorite guitar and everytime you go in a music store you will be disappointed in the quality of most of the gear on the shelves.

Congrats man!
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
What's the difference in feel? Tounge oil smoother or what? Please explain.

Edit: I do know what tounge oil is, just curious of feel

Gear:
Guitar:
MIM Fender Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Recto
Cube 60

Quote by wyldedarko

n00bS....
The tung oil finish makes it REALLY smooth. It has very little resistance at all, unlike a gloss neck. Gloss necks can have a sticky feeling that i personally don't like. If you like fast playing necks, you'll love the tung oil! Oh yeah, and its "tung" not "tounge" =)
Sorry about spelling I'm slightly drunk and really tired. Thanks for the explanation though.

Gear:
Guitar:
MIM Fender Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Recto
Cube 60

Quote by wyldedarko

n00bS....
Those are the pickups in mine and they are alright. I love them for everything but metal. They are really well-rounded pickups and are great for clean, blues, classic/hard rock, but for metal not at all.
SPAM
Stock Gibson Pickups from a 2005 V, I think they're a 498T and 500T set FS/FT
Duncan Distortion (regular spaced) FS

Looking for: an acoustic, recording gear, or $
Is it possible to have a bare neck? I guess I prefer smooth over slippery.

And to join in, yeah, that guitar seems awesome. Can't wait for photos.
Probably 65% of the time I would be using it for metal such as Dream Theater.
Check out my profile if you want to hear me on a 7.

Gear:
Guitar:
MIM Fender Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Recto
Cube 60

Quote by wyldedarko

n00bS....