I recently bought some Gold Lace Sensors for my strat, I'm still waiting on the package to get here. But I had heard that they lose some of the upper end as compared to regular stock pups. What I wanted to know is this, should I go from a 250K tone pot to a 500K? I have heard that this can really bump up the upper range when using this type of pup. If anyone has any experience with either of these I'd like to hear about the different types of tone either combo got you.
Thanks!
Haven't you heard?

It's a battle of words
Quote by Kentris.5
I recently bought some Gold Lace Sensors for my strat, I'm still waiting on the package to get here. But I had heard that they lose some of the upper end as compared to regular stock pups. What I wanted to know is this, should I go from a 250K tone pot to a 500K? I have heard that this can really bump up the upper range when using this type of pup. If anyone has any experience with either of these I'd like to hear about the different types of tone either combo got you.
Thanks!
There are several different models in the "Hot Gold" series. Look at the inductance listed on the Lace site for your pickups. If the highest is 2 or 3 henries, leave the pots at 250k. If it's up around 6 henries, changing to 500k would be a good plan. If it's 12 henries, changing to at least 500k is OK but 1meg would probably be better.

Don't just change the tone pots. Change the volume pots, too. Loading a pickup with high inductance with a volume pot of low resistance will cause a loss of highs.

Good luck,
SYK
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
upping the impedence on the pots will make it brighter yes, experiment with your new pups and 250ks and if it sounds too dark then get some 500ks. It's all in your ear, so try out different things and see what you like. SYKs advice is good about the volume pot, you might experiment with having a higher volume and lower tone, or having one 250k tone and one 500k.

Have fun, I gotta go put new pots on my new bass!