Does anyone believe Staind ripped off Black Hole Sun with It's been Awhile?

I was just playing It's Been Awhile on guitar and it sounds almost exactly like Black Hole Sun.
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror
They sound similar, but every time a song sounded similar to each other we would have practically no original songs. No more blues really
SPACE FOR RENT
I shouldn't have used ripped off. more like borrowed. Not really mad or anything just curious if anyone hinks they sound similair.
Quote by ottoavist

Maybe.

Also, I was just playing that Slayer song, Skeletons of Society, and I think they ripped off Slayer, with that Disposable Youth song.

And Papa Roach ripped off Iron Maiden, Between Angels and Insects sounds a lot like Prowler.

And there's tons more, I just can't be assed rmemebering them
The intro to Machine Head's "The Rage To Overcome" is uncannily similar to Death's "Flattening of Emotions".

And the bridge riff in Lamb of God's "Black Label" sounds almost the same as Meshuggah's "Future Breed Machine".

And for some reason, most riffs on the Sepultura "Roots" album follow the same pattern.

Hell, I love all those bands.
Quote by MightyAl
I lean towards Butthole Surfers because only a butthole would carry a surfboard around a town.

Teh Gearz:

Cruiser Stratocaster
Feng Ling G15 Amplifier
Digitech Grunge Pedal
Daphon E20PH Phaser Pedal
Ummm.....I'm just talking about that one Staind song and that one Soundgarden song.....not any other songs, haha.
Quote by ottoavist

Meh. They're similar sounding songs, but Staind probably drew inspiration from the song from Black Hole Sun. Bands do it all the time. Only time it's ripping off is when they recycle absolutely everything (maybe shuffle the order of things) & try to pass it off as their own.
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
Quote by freshtunes
Ummm.....I'm just talking about that one Staind song and that one Soundgarden song.....not any other songs, haha.

We know.

But you know how much the thread would suck if all we discussed were those two songs.

So now your thread is "Songs you think sound similar".
Quote by Vermintide
Maybe.

Also, I was just playing that Slayer song, Skeletons of Society, and I think they ripped off Slayer, with that Disposable Youth song.

And Papa Roach ripped off Iron Maiden, Between Angels and Insects sounds a lot like Prowler.

And there's tons more, I just can't be assed rmemebering them

Those bastards! How dare Slayer rip off themselves!
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!