Ya, they're great man, that one's the Swede, I have the Super Swede. There's pics of it in my profile. They are comparable to Gibson. For the price, there's nothing else like 'em. Not comparable to Fender however (for numerous reasons like single-coils and buckers) My luthier friend told me that if Gibson made a Les Paul like that it would cost nearly $3500. I got my Super Swede for around $600 with a case and everything.
"Strangers passing in the street, by chance two separate glances meet, and I am you and what I see is me."
I've heard some very good things about them. They're great value for money, and they're very solidly built, aparently.

It costs 666 euros. Enough reason to get it.

And judging by the sound samples on their website, they sound ****ing incredible.
Last edited by sashki at Nov 3, 2007,
Quote by Dave Gilmour
Ya, they're great man, that one's the Swede, I have the Super Swede. There's pics of it in my profile. They are comparable to Gibson. For the price, there's nothing else like 'em. Not comparable to Fender however (for numerous reasons like single-coils and buckers) My luthier friend told me that if Gibson made a Les Paul like that it would cost nearly $3500. I got my Super Swede for around $600 with a case and everything.

So If I understood right the Super version has coil tap switch while normal Swede version only has the 3-way switch for the sound options. How do you like the sounds of them ?

***DAMNIT! I can't find any SELECT SUPER SWEDE in Blue Chip color and it seem to be exclusive to the SELECT SWEDE only (no coil tap)....
Last edited by hminh87 at Nov 3, 2007,

I ordered the swede select in blue chip with the optional Seymour Duncane Pickups.
I would like to see the SuperSwede in blue chip as well, however we are still missing the zero fret on the Super Swede :-(
They're really great. They're hollow bodies are heavenly.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Quote by BenjaminFrey
I ordered the swede select in blue chip with the optional Seymour Duncane Pickups.
I would like to see the SuperSwede in blue chip as well, however we are still missing the zero fret on the Super Swede :-(

What do you mean with 'missing zero fret' ?
Gah! Am I the only one who associates the zero fret with cheap guitars and low quality?

Sadly, I've never had the chance to try a Hagstrom.
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
Anyone tried the Hagström's custom 58 pickups and compared it to the optional Seymour Duncan Pickups?

It's a shame that no guitar with coil tap has the blue chip finish. It such a beauty... but I will always put playability and versatile before that.