Poll: is this amp good for what i want it for
Poll Options
View poll results: is this amp good for what i want it for
yes
2 33%
no
4 67%
Voters: 6.
check out the other valveking thread around here, people are saying that with without an eq or an overdrive pedal, it just doesnt get heavy enough
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Me being very blunt and unforgiving; the VK is a pile of crap IMO.
I could go into the good points and my entire argument on the VK, but im sick of repeating it
Anyway, it doesn't have the gain for what you want.
Not too knowledgeable on high gain amps, look into Randalls or used.
Quote by kool98769
check out the other valveking thread around here, people are saying that with without an eq or an overdrive pedal, it just doesnt get heavy enough

couldnt have said it better. however, it IS a tube amp, and its great when you have an extention cabinet. its the best amp ive ever bought.
well can anyone suggest a NEW amp at that price that can handle gigging for about 700 people at the most but probly not as much right now thats in that price range
Quote by convictionless
ok im not going to ask in that thread just answer my question.........seriously

I didnt say to ask, asshole. I was trying to help you out. Maybe if you were literate you would have understood what i said.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
you just sounded like in the first post you did it sounded like you were trying to be a smart ass towards me like you've had a million people do this and i hate when people do that beucase if you get tired of the same thing then jsut dont click it........but ya sorry if i read it the wrong way........im canadian what can i say. . . . . .
It's an alright amp. It wasn't made to appeal to the younger crowd, that's why a lot of these dumb kids are disappointed with the thing.
Quote by Ngawtfizjuice
It's an alright amp. It wasn't made to appeal to the younger crowd, that's why a lot of these dumb kids are disappointed with the thing.

thanks dude that actually made a lot more sense now
If you're gigging for 700 people you are GOING to be put through the PA.
50 watts is overkill, however, Randall RG50TC, I cant be arsed looking up prices for you because you don't appear that appreciative of UGs advice.

Generalize much? It was made to be a budget valve amp, end of.
Quote by convictionless
thanks dude that actually made a lot more sense now

You're welcome broseph.
Quote by beckyjc
If you're gigging for 700 people you are GOING to be put through the PA.
50 watts is overkill, however, Randall RG50TC, I cant be arsed looking up prices for you because you don't appear that appreciative of UGs advice.

Generalize much? It was made to be a budget valve amp, end of.

700 people isn't that much, my friend's amp handled it fine and it's a 20w 2x 6V6 amp with a 1x15 cab, my VJ had to be micd though. The other bands coped fine. The audience was more like 900 too....
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
I'm just comparing this to my school hall, if say about 1000 people fit in there and i just cranked my amp, it'd echo and sound crap in a band situation, but then again school gyms aren't notorious for there good sound distribution...
That's the context I played in, 900-1000 people were in there, and the band sounded fine...
Wow, I honestly wouldn't of thought so, but how about from the back of the room?
We've had little school band things at our school hall but they were put through the PA.
We were at the far end, it's a basketball court size, at one far end, on a stage. One drummer, two guitarists, a bassist/vocalist. There was a good amount of reverb, but only my VJ and Vocalist used a mic. The other guitarist used a 20w 1x15 6V6 amp, the drummer was totally acoustic with a Maple Yamaha kit. The mix was a bit off because the sound 'guy' didn't bother to compensate for my OD pedal, so I was very loud, although the other guy turned up his amp halfway through, and the singer was a bit quiet, but again sound check problems, seeing as we didn't get a good soundcheck.