one. where is progressive?
two. what are some good metal bands that are not groul\scream bands? i like symphony x, dreamtheater, some of wintersun,and dragonforce. the groul\scream bands just aren't to my liking... thanks in advance.
What do you mean by the first? As in, where is the progressive forum? I'm pretty sure it's part of the Classic Rock forum
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
well, progressive metal... can't seem to find much on on it... really a fan of prog metal.
Quote by metallight16
well, progressive metal... can't seem to find much on on it... really a fan of prog metal.

that's the same thing
Hammersfall
Poison black
Lacuna Coil * Personally I can't stand them, but everyone else seems to.
Anthrax
Metallica
Pantera screaming but not the annoying chick screams.
* Some Kittie
Rob zombie.
It sucks but I can't think of a lot of bands that don't scream.. it's like every single ****ing band screams now.
DID i win yet?
well, progressive metal is a style of music which is sort of defined by slow long powerful songs, usually instrumental although there can be some singing. examples of progressive metal bands are Pelican and Isis.
tool is considdered prog i believe

ive heard of liquid tension experiment

and porcupine tree i think was the other one not sure
Quote by Kensai
Girls don't have to do anything to be good in bed. If she's got a pulse she's automatically an 8.

Evergrey, Kamelot, Amorphis, Delain, Leaves' Eyes, if you like Wintersun maybe some Ensiferum, Into Eternity, Nevermore, and I believe all fans of Prog should listen to at least some King Crimson.
Quote by aeon20k
tool is considdered prog i believe

ive heard of liquid tension experiment

and porcupine tree i think was the other one not sure

yeah tool are good, slightly progressive but not all the way and the singers quite good (no screaming and a normal sounding voice)
Quote by pineappleman
yeah tool are good, slightly progressive but not all the way and the singers quite good (no screaming and a normal sounding voice)

I think if he's listening to Symphony X and Wintersun that the threadstarter is looking for something quite different from tool.
nightwish - wishmaster

its not prog but its freakin epic and catchy listen to it lol
its not screaming either its almost opretic black metal lol

EDIT: I just added it to my playlist go there NOW!!!!
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/aeon20k/
Quote by Kensai
Girls don't have to do anything to be good in bed. If she's got a pulse she's automatically an 8.

Last edited by aeon20k at Nov 3, 2007,
i have listened to tool and unless i am in a really bad mood i rather not have that in listen to night and day music list. Man this place is awesome. at school all i get is trivium, lamb of god and atreyu (god i really don't like atreyu). thanks for the help anymore would be welcome
Quote by metallight16
i have listened to tool and unless i am in a really bad mood i rather not have that in listen to night and day music list. Man this place is awesome. at school all i get is trivium, lamb of god and atreyu (god i really don't like atreyu). thanks for the help anymore would be welcome

good bands but not what your looking for lol we understand

but seriously go to my profile and listen to wishmaster its at the bottom you might actually like it

EDIT: if you want a laugh out of it lokk up wishmaster misheard lyrics on youtube
Quote by Kensai

Last edited by aeon20k at Nov 3, 2007,
dude, that is like what i am looking for! that is what i like as for non prog. that was awesome. are all there songs like that? btw guys thanks again all really good bands. i don't mind trivium and lamb of god to much but when everyone goes listen now! every like ten seconds it starts to piss me off. demonhunter is also another one i don't mind but won't listen to religiously like DT.
i havent heard thier other stuff but im downloading now check em out
Quote by Kensai

kamelot is rightious... it i'll take a while to go though all the bands given. kamelot was interesting to say the least. very intricate and the lyrics fit right in to the music. the videos were odd...