Poll: What is a better buy?
Poll Options
View poll results: What is a better buy?
Line 6 POD X3 Live
4 80%
Randall RG75G3+ART MP series mic pre
1 20%
Voters: 5.
Should I get the Line 6 POD X3 LIVE for recording vocals and guitar and also for plugging direct into PA+monitors for live shows?

Or should I get a Randall RG75G3 combo and mic it with my SM57 to record and buy an ART MP series mic pre to run the mic into (both for recording the amp and vocals)?

Either choice would be the same amount to buy. I'm just not sure which would be better.
Vociferance

Halcyon

Quote by dead-fish
OMGZ! Chuck shuldingr iz teh master conspiraiter!

Quote by jakekilgore666
sean hart i love your avatar
Erm...Well..

Do you need a new amp? - If so get the randall

If you like your amp but just wanna tweak the sound a bit get the POD.

The POD Live is the one with the floorboard right. So it's a decent multi fx too aswell as an amp simulator.

The POD would probably be best
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
thanks guys i think i'll settle on the pod. thing is i have the old school randall RG (the one dimebag used on the cowboys from hell tour) and its all solid state and i wanted the new randalls with tubes. also i have a ****ty peavey 4X12MS cab that was like $200 but the speakers in it are awesome (sheffield 1200 series, same as the 6505 cabs). but the POD can probly give me a similar sound to the newer randalls.
Vociferance

Halcyon

Quote by dead-fish
OMGZ! Chuck shuldingr iz teh master conspiraiter!

Quote by jakekilgore666
sean hart i love your avatar