Hey all!

I have to change the pots (tone pots) on my strat (coz they broke up ). anyway...
I recently installed 3 new pickups the Cool Rails(n), Vintage Rails(m) and Hot Rails(b) form Seymour Duncan.
So now my question is....what is the difference between 250k and 500k pots, which one should I use with my setup?

tnx anyone

EDIT:
and I'm thinking of changing the volume pot too ...just to put it as a set of 3
How would you like to be an egg? You only get laid once. It takes 4 minutes to get hard, 2 minutes to get soft. You share your box with 9 other guys. But worst of all: the only chick that ever sat on your face was your mother. So cheer up...
500k is treblier, 250k warmer. Singles sound sharp and sterile with 500k, but single humbuckers handle it well.... Go with a 250k volume control, reroute the tonepots so one is neck and one bridge, then make the neck pot 250k and bridge 500k.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
500k= brighter, used for humbuckers
250k= smoother, usually used for trebly humbuckers or singlecoils.

I'd go 500k, because you can dial the tone pots down and simulate a 250k pot, whereas you can't dial up a 250k very high.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
250k sounds great with single coils, single coils suck with 500k. other way around with humbuckers. if youre goin to replace pots, they all need to be the same value (value being the 250k or 500k thing) and im pretty sure those pups are humbuckers, so go with 500k, if not, then go 250k
^ Only generally, though. They're single size, and so lack the bass of a humbucker, and then they're in a trebly Strat type guitar. I have a 500k tone pot on the bridge mini-humbucker in my Strat and 250k tone for the neck and middle singles, with a 250k volume. It's noticably treblier than it used to be in the bridge, but still a pleasant tone and gets okay cleans. When rolled down halfway you get the tone of a 250k pot. It's less trebly, more bassy, but cleans are sucky. 500k is probably the best balance as it can be rolled, but they're sorta halfway. You can use resistors to make it a 375k one...
Quote by sobeisbull
250k sounds great with single coils, single coils suck with 500k. other way around with humbuckers. if youre goin to replace pots, they all need to be the same value (value being the 250k or 500k thing) and im pretty sure those pups are humbuckers, so go with 500k, if not, then go 250k

Yeah they are all "hum cancelling" pickups, but not real humbuckers .....and far from single coils....exept the Vintage rails ...it sound very "fenderish" ..if you know what I mean ...

hmm...I think I'll go with the 500k ...
btw ...are they expansive? (the pots)
How would you like to be an egg? You only get laid once. It takes 4 minutes to get hard, 2 minutes to get soft. You share your box with 9 other guys. But worst of all: the only chick that ever sat on your face was your mother. So cheer up...
A quid or so each. Then you need the soldering iron and the time. Like I said, make the volumepot 250k, bridge tonepot 500k, neck tonepot 250k.
Quote by beckyjc
lolz, well i have 1meg, pots, I win. I'd say 500k for singles and 250k for buckers.

lol,
U R saying the complete differet from everybody else
Quote by forsaknazrael
^Depends on where you get them. I get them for about 1.50 each, I think.

O.o

Why the other way around, lady?

Because I like my singles trebley and buckers bassy?
Quote by MrCarrot
A quid or so each. Then you need the soldering iron and the time. Like I said, make the volumepot 250k, bridge tonepot 500k, neck tonepot 250k.

Yeah, but then I couldn't control the middle pickup tone...right?
Thats the way most strats are wired the tone knobs affect the neck and middle. The bridge has its tone full blast.