Ok so I had a midnight blue p bass. my best friends friend is a local guitar repairman, so we went to see him yesterday, and asked him for advice on painting a guitar. He said to sand off a couple layers to make the color very dull so its good to paint over. I have that done... Now what paint should I use to paint it white?
-Girl Bassist & Drummer-
Music: Thrash metal, punk, ska, Grunge, old rock, Techno
Pref Bands: Anthrax early Nirvana RHCP Led Zep Fallz Pantera Black Sabbath Operation Ivy Reel Big Fish Misfits Ramones Mudhoney Arctic Monkeys Muse 2 many 2 name
Quote by ms.bassist
... He said to sand off a couple layers to make the color very dull so its good to paint over. I have that done... Now what paint should I use to paint it white?

You'll find the Ultimate Finishing Thread sticky quite helpful, specially post #1 which has links to ReRanch 101 and StewMac.

Although they're specific to Nitro and a house brand, you can replace those materials with Acrylic lacquer from suppliers such as Duplicolor (car spraypaint) and Krylon. Both are acrylic.

From your scuff sanded body, the next step is applying the sander/sealer/primer, then the colorcoat, then the clearcoat, and once "cured" or hardened, the buffing/polishing.

Good Luck!

thanks, its just i have no clue where to buy it lol. There are no stores that are close which carry it.
-Girl Bassist & Drummer-
Pref Bands: Anthrax early Nirvana RHCP Led Zep Fallz Pantera Black Sabbath Operation Ivy Reel Big Fish Misfits Ramones Mudhoney Arctic Monkeys Muse 2 many 2 name
thanks so much!!!!
-Girl Bassist & Drummer-