Well i found the stuff i need to make my Mexican Strat have gold Hardware but what i found is this

• American Series Stratocaster® Bridge / Tremolo Assembly / Gold
  • Fender®/ Schaller® American Series Tuning Machines / Gold

Thing is they say American so my question is would it fit my Mexican Strat? and how to tell, if they dont could someone recommend me something that will, i know screws will fit and input jack thingy
Thanks
/CENTER]
The bridge won't. Mexi Strats have 6 holes bridges, and the USA ones have 2 peg bridges.

Try guitarfetish, they usually have gold tremolo bridges for import strats.
Quote by pl0x
Well i found the stuff i need to make my Mexican Strat have gold Hardware but what i found is this

• American Series Stratocaster® Bridge / Tremolo Assembly / Gold
  • Fender®/ Schaller® American Series Tuning Machines / Gold

Thing is they say American so my question is would it fit my Mexican Strat? and how to tell, if they dont could someone recommend me something that will, i know screws will fit and input jack thingy
Thanks

That depends on which MIM Strat you have. Typically, the MIM Standard will have closer string spacing and the vintage 6 holes won't line up. If the MIM is a DeLuxe or a ReIssue model, then the vintage MIA or MIJ bridge will fit, as in the 6 screw holes will line up.

So which MIM Fender Strat model do you have?

BTW eXperiment63, there are many different bridge models other than 2 pivot posts or vintage 6 hole bridges.

That is the "wider" bridge for MIJ, MIA, and non-Standard MIM Strats. You need the "narrower" string spacing; otherwise, the 6 screw holes won't line up.

If you don't mind re-filling the holes and re-drilling, you can make it work. I understand why people want to upgrade MIM Standard bridges made before '06, the trem block is kinda puny.

Good Luck with whatever you choose!

Damn, i dont know what to get for the bridge, does anyone know a specefic one i can buy for it? like for 04 Mexicans
Thanks 4 the advice anyway
/CENTER]
You really need to engage in some self-help here and take some measurements - width, depth, and length of the bridge, distance between the holes, distance of the holes from the front and sides of the bridge, diameter of the holes.

Check this link: http://www.warmoth.com/hardware/bridges/bridges.cfm?fuseaction=vintage_strat_trem

If you click on the Acrobat link that says "More Details," it'll show you the dimensions of that bridge.
Hi, I'm Peter
Last edited by Dirk Gently at Nov 3, 2007,
Yeah but some sites dont have measurements to compare here, thats why i was wondering if anyone knew any bridges that fit alrerady
/CENTER]
Quote by pl0x
Yeah but some sites dont have measurements to compare here, thats why i was wondering if anyone knew any bridges that fit alrerady

The '04 Fender Strat Standard MIM bridge has a string spacing of 2-1/16".

You have 3 options:
1. Hard: go to your local shop or eBay or online and hunt down a Gold Fender MIM Standard bridge; or,
2. Easy: Buy the eBay one with the 2-7/32" string spacing; meaning, fill and drill the holes; or,
3. Easy: Get the Gold Wilkinson 2-7/32" ... same as 2 above, but cheaper. $43 from GuitarFetish

(Invalid img)

Thanks for your help! ill see around some shops and check if they have anything
/CENTER]
whats that red thing by the volume knob on your strat?
Quote by beeboshain
marshall mg100dfx some people slay but i love it, think its a good amp for the money and you cant go wrong with marshall...its english!
Quote by libskate44
whats that red thing by the volume knob on your strat?

A killswitch xD

And i found this bridge it says its for Mexican Strats and after measuring i cant find any 10.5mm spaces but ah well
Here guitar Fetish
/CENTER]
Last edited by pl0x at Nov 4, 2007,