Is tehre like some catch with the vg strats? like are the different effects crappy? Cause if they arent i am sooooo saving up and buying one
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by beckyjc
For the price, I hope not.
But remember, amp first... Overpriced guitar later.

i have tube amp, amp fine :P
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
besides....savign up might mean like...a while
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Well it should be good, anyone tryed one out yet? Ive been meaning to but not seen one around as yet.
My Gear :
Fender American Strat in Metallic Red
EHX Big Muff
Boss ME-50
Boss SD-1
Fender 15 Watt Amp (Upgrade soon to a Marshall )
Red Furry guitar strap

John Frusciante - The Greatest Guitarist EVER
Is the silvertone tube?

Cuz that Line 6 sure as hell isnt. And my experiences with the VG were traumatic to say the least. Do not want.
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Fender American FSR Mahog. Chambered Tele 60th
Fender Mexican Strat SD Hot Rails Br/Ne
Fender Hot Rod Deville 4x10
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
The guitarist in my Dad's band tried it out and loved it. I've yet to try it...
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
yeah, the VG Strat's good if you're lazy as hell. xD
and/or poor.
if you don't like tuning, and don't have money to buy new guitars.

otherwise, yeah, it's a good buy. i tried one at GC, and the only thing it could use was a new pickup or two.
Quote by Useful_Idiot16
Is the silvertone tube?

Cuz that Line 6 sure as hell isnt. And my experiences with the VG were traumatic to say the least. Do not want.

yes, the silvertone is my tube, i might have to specifiy that in my sig. its and old tube amp to say the least. and rly?? aww....
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
i played a few at the shop near me. there nothing special. the different guitar models arnt that different, and the alternate tunings are horrible, dosnt sound like the real thing at all
I thought it sounded terrible. Well lets just say nothing special. I played it through a Mesa 5:50. Or whatever time that train shows up.

^totally what i thought^

If your dropping that cash get something nicer, you dont need the stupid digital stuff. It's all in the fingers.
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
Yeh I never believed it'd be able to pull of different tunings. but the sound options would be useful live i suppose.
My Gear :
EHX Big Muff
Boss ME-50
Boss SD-1
Red Furry guitar strap

Quote by beckyjc
OOh, never noticed the silver tone, attention got drawn straight to the Line 6, looks quite interesting. Hows it sound?

well besides the fact that 2 or 3 of the 5 tubes are shot....ITS AWESOM!!! lol the tubes are as old as the amp (50 years) so yea. im getting them replaced as soon as i get ym college app in. but yea, its rly freaking sweet right now tho. one thing i dont like tho is it doesnt have an equalizer on it, but when you pay $50 you cant complain
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
some guy was demo-ing at at Music Live yesterday.
it seems pretty good, the tuning things seem a bit unessary tbh, who can't tune a guitar to open D?
he didn't tell me how much it costs though so i dunno about value.
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
Quote by danielrobbyshor
it seems pretty good, the tuning things seem a bit unessary tbh, who can't tune a guitar to open D?

$1700 lol
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by bored_maniac33
$1700 lol

Dude the EJ strat is 1750, just get the EJ!!!!
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
Fair 'nuff. But....do you actually need your guitar to sound like lots of different guitars? I can't think of a single practical use for it. I host weekly jam nights and never once have I encountered a song that can't be handled by a Tele!Similarly there are plenty of people who'd swear by their LP or Strat. And frankly to most punters a guitar just sounds like a guitar, they don't differentiate that much. Plus equally, in the studio space and weight isn't a problem so you can turn up armed with a whole load of guitars!

The VG is undeniably a great technical excercise, but I really don't see any point in buying one unless you gig five nights a week and play freeform jazz, indie-pop and death metal in the same set...
Quote by kyle62

The VG is undeniably a great technical excercise, but I really don't see any point in buying one unless you gig five nights a week and play freeform jazz, indie-pop and death metal in the same set...

EDIT

yea....after my post-video-watching-hype, i think id be much better off getting something like an american strat/tele or heck maybe even the highway one series. im mainly jsut looking for a nice, high-end guitar that will last me forever, cause there is a good chance that i wont buy too much after it because i dont see myself ever gigging rly

EDIT
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
SEVENTEEN BLEEDIN HUNDRED? Christ, and that's half guitar half gimmicky gadget. Surely Apple'll come round to making the iGuitar next...With pod slot so you can play along whilst on the move.
Umm... I dunno, I'm yet to be convinced, especially consider I could get a guitar twice as nice for the money, & just spend 5 minutes between songs tuning if I need to.
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
Lmao.
VG Fender =
Stratocaster setting, Telecaster setting, Humbucking setting, Acoustic setting, Baritone setting;
Drop D setting, Open G setting, some other settings,
And on top of that, there's a 5 way switch.
I missed a lot though.
Well in a way its like gibson's computerised guitar or their self tuning guitar - its all just to get some more of the limelight. You cant go wrong with a American strat and a boss tuner - theres nothing you cant play with that.
My Gear :
EHX Big Muff
Boss ME-50
Boss SD-1
Red Furry guitar strap

I was with my friend at Guitar Center, and he picked it up, plugged it in, and played it. I asked him his opinion, and he thought that it was one of the most beautiful things that he ever played. The way it sounded through the Mesa was kick ass. When he fiddled with the switches, (changing the tunings) it sounded top notch, on the spot of the tunings. It blew my mind seeing him play it. I wasnt able to really hear him switch around with the acoustic switch, since I headed straight for the 7 strings xD

Good luck!
Quote by danielrobbyshor

really? i must have missed that, what time was it being demo-ed?
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
not worth it. i've even tried out 2 of them because the first one was so disappointing but i didn't like the other one either. and besides that the sounds weren't very good the strats quality was pretty f*cked too.
Quote by Jimbo999
You cant go wrong with a American strat and a boss tuner - theres nothing you cant play with that.

+1000
I liked the Variax 700 better then the VG.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
I really liked it when I tried it. I played it a good 2 hours through a Fender Cyber Twin. Great guitar. The humbucker setting has a real humbucker tone, the different tunings was cool. Just about everything IMO was great. It's worth $1,700 but I dunno if I'd be spending that much money on another guitar anytime soon. College is coming up and stuff...
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
i haven't tried one, but apparently it's just a bog-standard MIA strat for 3 times the price. if you need all the extras, fair enough, i guess, but you could buy three guitars of a similar quality for the same price...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah, I just see it as a MIA strat with an extra gimmick. Same as that Gibson auto-tuner if they do decide to retail that gadget. Give it 10 years or so & we could well start seeing those things more commonplace, but for now, I'd rather just go it the old-fashioned way, really. It doesn't really take much effort.
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
Quote by skater dan0
really? i must have missed that, what time was it being demo-ed?

in the Fender tent, around 2ish.

some guy called George Rich
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
I don't know why everyone is bashing this guitar so bad. It is an American Strat but with the added versatility of being able to use the Roland effects. It is a "normal" USA Start but has what I look at as a piezo pup that has the ability to mimic a very nice selection of different tunings/tones for around $600.

Granted for the same cash you can buy a nice guitar that nails a few tones just the way you want it to. But for many the added capabilities of the Roland side is great for someone who has the cash but only wants one axe. It is still an American Stratocaster, for the added $600 for all of the alternate choices it is a fair price. Granted the extras are not what you want to record with but hey, sounds OK in theory from my house.

(The above is purely the ramblings of a cocked person and in no way does UG support these thoughts)
Breakfast; the most importent drink of the day.
Last edited by Molsons Golden at Nov 4, 2007,
Quote by Molsons Golden
I don't know why everyone is bashing this guitar so bad. It is an American Strat but with the added versatility of being able to use the Roland effects. It is a "normal" USA Start but has what I look at as a piezo pup that has the ability to mimic a very nice selection of different tunings/tones for around $600.

Granted for the same cash you can buy a nice guitar that nails a few tones just the way you want it to. But for many the added capabilities of the Roland side is great for someone who has the cash but only wants one axe. It is still an American Stratocaster, for the added $600 for all of the alternate choices it is a fair price. Granted the extras are not what you want to record with but hey, sounds OK in theory from my house.

(The above is purely the ramblings of a cocked person and in no way does UG support these thoughts)

oh, yeah, i said if you needed the added versatility in the one instrument, it might be worth it.

I was also taking about UK pricing- which is close to $3000...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by danielrobbyshor
in the Fender tent, around 2ish.

some guy called George Rich

damn i was checking out prs stand at that time, did you check out the duel with the devil thing at the musicman stand at 3?
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
depends there o.k i guess but if your a tone junkie like me it's not gonne work. it sounds good but not perfact if i were to get the chance to buy it i wouldn't i would buy a couple of guitars