Hi

I am thinking of getting a Fender Champion 600 Tube amp. I mainly record music so this sounds like an ideal amp for that purpose but I also have an Electro Acoustic guitar and at the moment I dont have a proper Acoustic amp to go with it. Would the Fender Champion 600 make a good Acoustic amp or do I need something more specific. Any suggestions would be good but in the same sort of price range as the Champion.

Cheers RockinAlfie
Quote by mercinariesgtr
getta valve junior instead

No.

Personally I'm not too familiar with acoustic amplification, but I think there are better options out there than the Champ.

Try and find a dedicated acoustic amp on Ebay, or even a small PA system.

I'm pretty sure crate and marshall do some little amps specifically for acoustics
New tracks on my profile! Please check them out and see what you think!
Quote by RockinAlfie
What are the advantages of a dedicated acoustic amp?

Its going to sound a hell of a lot better than a standard guitar amp, as will a small PA system.
New tracks on my profile! Please check them out and see what you think!
do you play acoustic sets?

if you are an acoustic player then maybe spend the cash on a SWR or a roland chorus.

if not, check out a pa system, something that can be used for more than just acoustic guitar.

i have a few acoustic amps but i also use my Fender 25R solid state practice amp as an acoustic amp. i swapped the speaker first. but really it's a cheap and breautiful clean amp.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by RockinAlfie
What are the advantages of a dedicated acoustic amp?

They're designed to best express the natural tone of your acoustic, rather than color the tone the way an electric guitar amp is designed to do.

Another big issue with amplifying acoustics is feedback. Most acoustic amps will have some sort of anti-feedback system built in. Definitely useful.

I'd concur with Jenny on the SWR. Ultrasound also makes a nice acoustic amp. If you're not planning to have the amp double as an electric guitar amp, an amp designed for acoustics is the way to go. The Roland Jazz Chorus or a nice clean tube like a Fender would be decent choices if you want an amp for both jobs.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
I only play at home and use it for recording. I got it because I thought it would be a better way to record an acoustic guitar. I can plug it into a pre-amp and record it direct. I havent tried it yet but I was considering using it for a stereo effect... Mic it from the soundhole and record it direct. I dont absolutely need anything specific but I just think its a shame to have an electro-acoustic but not an amp to go with it. I have a Fender frontman15g which I would hapilly modify to make an acoustic amp out of. Would this be simple or not? Somebody mentioned a chorus (pedal) I think. I have an Arion stereo chorus. Maybe I could use this. I also have a Behringer Ultragain MIC200 and it has a A-GTR setting which I think is Acoustic so maybe this will help. I know what you are thinking....He is answering his own question but the point is that I dont know what an acoustic amp actualy sounds like.

Maybe I will get close with...

Guitar then Chorus pedal ( low settings?) then ultragain and then the Frontman ( with a different speaker? What type?)

Oh and about the PA.. A coulple of people have suggested this. Is this because the sound is best if it has not been changed very much? Probably not best for recording though?

Thanks for any help with this

RockinAlfie
Last edited by RockinAlfie at Nov 3, 2007,
The Champ 600 is a great clean/light blues recording/practice amp with an electric guitar. If you need one cheap amp to record acoustic and electric with, and you're not a metal head, that might be the cheapest way to do it. I still think looking for a used Acoustic amp would be smart, though.