I've been spending cash on upgrading my old Squier Stratocaster recently, 2 humbuckers, a new single coil, new scratchplate and a killswitch (Used to the 3 way on a les paul >.<

I've been thinking of getting a cheaper Floyd Rose copy and installing it, but how much routing would it take, how hard would it be and how does the nut fit?

I appreciate the help

Coaxke
Quote by .arkness:.
I see my guitar as a chick because I'd be damned if i were ever holding / fingering a guy for hours a day.

I lulzed.
Unless you're experience at routing, I'd really not recommend you try to do this yourself for the first time. Seek professional help, some will let you watch so you can learn how to do it yourself.
Quote by eXperiment63

Too poor to afford one >.<

Read a review in Guitarist last week and they looked good, but a £50 FR copy will have to suffice..

So i CAN fit it non routed?

But can i float it?

And by shim you mean put a metal plate thing under the neck in the pocket to raise it?

cheers
I see my guitar as a chick because I'd be damned if i were ever holding / fingering a guy for hours a day.

I lulzed.
dude, if you get some crappy £50 FR copy, then it will last about 5 months and then totally just die on you and until then, it will go out of tune every time you touch the whammy, so I suggest that you just get the super-vee, you don't need to route it and it has all of the same features of a floyd.
GEAR
- Epi Les Paul Custom (emma)
- Orange Tiny Terror
- 2x12 w/greenbacks
-MXR ZW-44 Overdrivel
- MXR Phase 90
- EB Volume JR.
- Boss DD-3
Just save up and get a good trem man... Otherwise you are just going to be frustrated as all hell.
Quote by senor_penguin
dude, if you get some crappy £50 FR copy, then it will last about 5 months and then totally just die on you and until then, it will go out of tune every time you touch the whammy, so I suggest that you just get the super-vee, you don't need to route it and it has all of the same features of a floyd.

1) Friend of mine has one fitted to his Strat copy (Got it routed pro) Same ones im looking at, its been on about 8 months, stays perfectly in tune and theres nothing wrong with the parts

2) Too poor to afford a super vee, just spent all my money on Line 6 recording crap

ANymore help?

I lulzed.
If you don't route, dive bomb only. The shim goes between the neck and body ro correct the neck angle.
Quote by Davers440
If you don't route, dive bomb only. The shim goes between the neck and body ro correct the neck angle.

Im a total noob when it comes to locking trems, but do they have the traditional way of floating hte trem? Like a standard strat one, twist 2 screws?

Would that be another way of pulling up with no routing?

Cheers

I lulzed.
No, the only way to have pull up is to route out the body under the trem for a FR style trem.
Quote by eXperiment63

can you pull up on that? im considering a new bridge since i wana mod the **** outa my first guitar
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
You can set it up to be full floating yes... If I remember correctly someone had posted on a forum that they were able to set it to get 3 full semitones of pull.