It it easier to make older tubes break up? cause thats the only sound i cant get out of my amp right now even at low volumes
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
if there "new" old tubes then your a lucky bum especially if they didnt rust but if there old and used most likely there dead so replace them with some grover
well i cant replace them with grover cause the amp is so old taht it uses radio tubes ( the tubes are like 50 years old) so would taht make a difference
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
hahahahaha sell that amp to a collecter and get a load of money off it beucase radio tubes are hard and expensive to find. if its a good amp then you will have enough to get a mesa......
Quote by convictionless
hahahahaha sell that amp to a collecter and get a load of money off it beucase radio tubes are hard and expensive to find. if its a good amp then you will have enough to get a mesa......

lol ok it would sell for lik $350, but i can get new radio tubes for cheaper than you would think. they are like $68 to replace all of the tubes (a total of 6) and the most expensive tube is only like 20$

but thats not the question! would these older tubes break-up at rly low volumes??
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
i dont think sooo but there RADIO tubes soo make sure your not near anything that could interfear with it but that would be the only percautions but i dont think they owuld break up at low volumes.......how low would it be??
Quote by convictionless
i dont think sooo but there RADIO tubes soo make sure your not near anything that could interfear with it but that would be the only percautions but i dont think they owuld break up at low volumes.......how low would it be??

its pretty darn low, the tubes are very very close to being shot tho, so i suspect that might have something to do with it. its just kinda not cool when ur trying to play something clean and u get crunch,

if bew tubes wont fix it, then o well, thanks
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
ah, i got it now, evidentally the its my humbucker on my strat thats pushin it too much or watever
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by bored_maniac33
ah, i got it now, evidentally the its my humbucker on my strat thats pushin it too much or watever

we need more people like you who can actually think for themselves.......if you need a lighter humbucker or a nice single look at the bill lawrence for singles and maybe seymour for the humbuckers
Quote by convictionless
we need more people like you who can actually think for themselves.......if you need a lighter humbucker or a nice single look at the bill lawrence for singles and maybe seymour for the humbuckers

lol thanks, yea i think im just goin to keep my pups, my jetking has vintage buckers and coil tap so i should work well with it, havent used it too much on it tho. i waiting until i get my college app in so that i can get new tubes and then i might have to put a video on you tube just because i can
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Ok let me say it is not easier or harder. They're tubes. new or old, they're tubes. Second, you can't push them too hard with a guitar pickup. If its breaking up at low volumes, chance are your speaker is broken. If the tubes were going bad, it would be hissing, noisy, or not making any sound at all. And third, all tubes are "radio" tubes. All tubes are "computer" tubes. tubes are tubes. There are not radio, computer, or stero tubes.
I had a 65 ampeg nice amp, but 2 of the tubes inside were from a tv. No longer available and it wouldnt work with out either one. It could have been rewired but for the cost could just buy an amp. Sounded good when it wasnt picking up truckers on their cbs. The old amps have old capacitors in em and they go bad after about 10 years. So the ones in mine were bad a little after I was born. And some of those old amps just dont like distortion like newer ones. When they made amps in the 50s and 60s distortion wasnt even thought of yet. And there is a difference in tubes. When I say my amp had tv tubes in it that was their original purpose. And there is a big difference in many tubes contrary to what some might think. There were military tubes made to be more durable. Some have almost distortion at all and the ones we like that do. So if you got an amp with really odd ball tubes in it and it still works now is the time to sell it off to some collector. Use the cash to go buy something more modern that tubes are readily available for.