Hey, I just had the strap on my guitar and the lock on the neck side fell off and my guitar fell on my amp, it wasn't too hard but it left a slight dent in the back of the neck... I was just wondering if this happened to anyone else and how bad this is for the guitar.
No way.

You're the first person to drop their guitar.

You better watch out, kid.

xo
Friends, applaud the comedy is over.

I'd dance with you but...

ugh same thing happened to me during a band practice on a cement floor. Chipped the **** out of my guitar.
And before he died, Taran-Ish had scrawled upon the altar of chrysolite with coarse shaky strokes the sign of DOOM.
The strap broke on my Jag Bass and swung around and nailed me in the side of my head with the tuners. But i caught it so only i got damaged : /
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
^sarcastic ASS^ EDIT The first guy that responded

lol its no biggie as long as both still work its fine

and as long as the dent dosent get in the way

but ya this happens to me all the tome

i invented a cheap straplok system with a string but now the back comes off insted >.<
Quote by Kensai
Girls don't have to do anything to be good in bed. If she's got a pulse she's automatically an 8.

Last edited by aeon20k at Nov 3, 2007,
That kinda happened to me with my bass. I was walking around with it on, and I was holding the neck down by the headstock, but nowhere else. The strap came off, and the body of my 11 pound bass swung down onto my toe. Not very fun.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
The strap came off my hollow body Peavey and landed on my multi-fx board.

Extra sounds holes for the loss.
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
I was bringin my guitar back from my friends house [been trying to make a band at friends house...it failed ] but i was biking back and the strap on my guitar case snapped sending my guitar flying to the ground. i got it back took it out of the bag and used the strap of the guitar to hold it up as i slowly continued to bike home. THEN MY STRAP BROKE!!! my unprotected guitar hit the floor but i flung myself off my bike and stopped and major damage by catching it... but my guitar is rather dented
Am i on fire? OHHH NOOOO!!! I'M ON FIREEEEEE

Well i have a dent because my stap peg at the body of my guitar sliped off and my guitar and made a nasty scratch on the back. I also go two cracks in my guitar because I got angry when i was changing my strings. The string slid off the post when i was widing the tuning peg and the string was all twisted and i couldn't use It anymore so I threw my winder at my guitars body.
Last edited by MetallicGod07 at Nov 3, 2007,
I've dropped my guitar twice, once the strap slid off somehow, the other time I was sitting and it fell forward and hit the metal edge of the coffee table. Neither damaged it at all.
When i dropped my guitar the tuners came and hit me in the face i had a black eye for a week =( although the guitar only got a little scratch.
Quote by sock_demon
That's Aunt Jemima to you .

Godin Freeway Classic
Orange Crush 30R
Zoom G7.1ut
Boss OS-2
why dont you do a zakk wylde style straplock?
you know with the caribiner(sp?)
Quote by rockybo
I'm making an igloo in my backyard later and smoking a bong in it.
I used to keep my guitars in individual stands, one time I spun round in my swivel chair and knocked one over, which knocked the other one over, domino style. bottom line,plastic bit on the toggle switch is now very fragile and theres a dent in the back of my crappy LP knock-off.
Lucky its a crappy LP knock-off .

I also go two cracks in my guitar because I got angry when i was changing my strings. The string slid off the post when i was widing the tuning peg and the string was all twisted and i couldn't use It anymore so I threw my winder at my guitars body.

Dude, how big is your string winder?!
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
the second i got my new guitar i dropped it on the headstock and it cracked
Send me off to bed forevermore.
Quote by Ichimaru
I used to keep my guitars in individual stands, one time I spun round in my swivel chair and knocked one over, which knocked the other one over, domino style. bottom line,plastic bit on the toggle switch is now very fragile and theres a dent in the back of my crappy LP knock-off.
Lucky its a crappy LP knock-off .

Dude, how big is your string winder?!

well when it's closed its 5 inches long. But i got the special Planet Waves winder. It has a built in string cutter. Which you need to open by sliding a peice of the handle out like a pocket knife. when i slide it out its 10 inches long. and i threw it at my guitar when I slide the string cutter out. lol.
No but I hit the drummer in my band with the headstock of my guitar which apparently hurt like ****, but after someone who was watching had a drum fall on his foot and he was hysterically in pain which was funny.
My Gear:
ESP LTD EC-1000 SW
ESP LTD EC 500 STBC
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Dean Razorback Two Tone
Ibanez 7 string
Randall RH150G3 Head and Cab
Quote by Nikon87
Hey, I just had the strap on my guitar and the lock on the neck side fell off and my guitar fell on my amp, it wasn't too hard but it left a slight dent in the back of the neck... I was just wondering if this happened to anyone else and how bad this is for the guitar.

I dropped my guitar when it was just a few months old...the strap just came off out of nowhere when i was walking to put it back on the stand.
it dropped on carpet but hit the tuner peg first breaking one of them so I had to pay around $20 to replace the part...

now I use schaller strap locks on my guitar
Me and my sis were watching telly once, My dad walked into the room with a BB gun and started shooting my Acoustic, and then laughed and ran out again. Think he was drunk. theres like 3 small dings on the top now.

I watched a kid at school tune a classical guitar an ocatve above, then sit down and the guitar just snapped in half on his knee.

I hate it when your strap decides to come off on the rear side of the guitar, and it does a bing swing towards the floor, youve just got to catch it in time.
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
Quote by nick dixon
Me and my sis were watching telly once, My dad walked into the room with a BB gun and started shooting my Acoustic, and then laughed and ran out again. Think he was drunk. theres like 3 small dings on the top now.

I watched a kid at school tune a classical guitar an ocatve above, then sit down and the guitar just snapped in half on his knee.

I hate it when your strap decides to come off on the rear side of the guitar, and it does a bing swing towards the floor, youve just got to catch it in time.

I laughed pretty hard at that.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
Quote by nick dixon

I hate it when you guitar doesn't want to stay on the stand...
my strap broke off when I was shredding with my friend and I somewhat caught it with my pick by a string

then the string broke and my very old mini strat fell which I dont use much so it doesnt matter
Quote by nick dixon

Not laughing AT you, as in "haha, your guitar got shot", by the way. It's just...funny. In general.
Play it. If the intonation is fine and nothing feels out of place, you're probably fine.
Death to Ovation haters!
the finish on my SG is pretty scraped up on the back due to various accidents, and there are couple of dings in the necks of all of my guitars, stuff happens, especially if you play live.

oh and strap locks and heavy duty leather straps FTW, you;ll never have strap issues again.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Last edited by Kid_Thorazine at Nov 3, 2007,
haha, when I first got my explorer i wasnt used to this huge fin sticking way out to the right so whenever I walked around with it it would always smash into stuff, eventually got used to it though.

But yeah the fin is jut solid wood, left so nice dents but didnt damage it otherwise, never dropped my guitar but thats cause I never take the strap off and so it's still on pretty tight