Page 1 of 2
I'm gonna get myself a guitar. I'm thorn between the IBANEZ S320 and the JACKSON DX10D Dinky...Which one would any of u think would be the better buy?? i like playing metal but also like to play abit of funk or blues from time to time...thanks in advance!
I'd probably go for the S-series, the trem is pretty good from what I've heard and Ibanez have a good name, plus I like all of the guitars I've tried by them.

On the other hand, the Jacksons I've tried seemed to be pretty shoddily built and (in my opinion) didn't sound great. But maybe other people have had better experiences.
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
Ibanez ftw
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
If you can stretch the budget ever so slightly, A Jackson DK2 or DK2M comes into you budget, which are amazing guitars for the price
New tracks on my profile! Please check them out and see what you think!
tough decision, but I would go with the s320
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
As much as I like Jacksons, their lower end models, anything like the DX10 or RX10 and what have you, are not very good. I'm not sure on the model of the bridge on the S320, but im sure if you dig around you can find out how they are. I know that pretty much all the floyds on the S470 and up are pretty nice. Also, unless you really want a floyd, I'd check out the SZ series too.
Quote by Inspired_by_Vai
If you can stretch the budget ever so slightly, A Jackson DK2 or DK2M comes into you budget, which are amazing guitars for the price

Yeah absolutely, listen this guy.
the S series ibanez are all good guitars so i would say choose it over the jackson

also mahogany is great for some of the chunky sounds you are looking for
Quote by Zangetsu 101
Girl (Ned/chav) annoying me on the bus.

Me "Have you ever bled out your arse-hole?"

Her: Facial expression was priceless - "What??! Noo!"

Me: "Well if you want to keep it that way, **** off."

She then turned away and whimpered.
Quote by rokket2005
As much as I like Jacksons, their lower end models, anything like the DX10 or RX10 and what have you, are not very good. I'm not sure on the model of the bridge on the S320, but im sure if you dig around you can find out how they are. I know that pretty much all the floyds on the S470 and up are pretty nice. Also, unless you really want a floyd, I'd check out the SZ series too.

theres never been floyd rose locking trems on ibanez guitars.
and theres never been locking trems ever on the SZ series.
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
The ZR trem they use on the S series has that thing where you can switch it to a floating trem more similar to a Strat, too, which is quite cool.
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
I woulld say the quality of the Jackson is better along with the pickups, but its set back by a basswood body and lame trem. The Ibanez has a better trem, but I don't think the construction quality on the guitar is anything great. I agree with the comment abotu stretching your budget a bit for a used DK2 or DK2M.
Like alot have said the Ibanez would be better than the Jackson, but the DK2M would be nice
Manchester United
Quote by Pingis_Or_Death
Yeah absolutely, listen this guy.

agreed... have played a DK2!! lovely guitar
*ESP Viper 400 (Olympic White)
*Marshall AVT275
*Boss GT-8
*Burns Red Special Replica (original colours)
*Marshall MG10CD
*Vox 10watt preamp (for creating Brian May replica sounds)
*Fender Squire Strat (red w/ white scratch plate) - My 1st
Quote by Inspired_by_Vai

My thoughts exactly.
Quote by Pikka Bird
Go pikka yourself!
Jackson because Ibanez has horrible pickups and they are so hard to keep in tune. Jacksons the opposite, it's better

I don't even own a Jackson or Ibanez but Ibanez is overrated IMO.
hmmm

make sure you try out the Ibanez's trem before you buy.

they are hits, and misses.

although the jackson's will suck fo sho.

if you can spend more, get a Jackson. If you spend less, get an ibanez/
Not trying to hijack the thread. But since the DK2M was mentioned I was wondering if anyone knew if the trem on that guitar is any good?
Fender MIM Fat Strat
Jackson Dk2m Dinky Pro
Jackson DKMGT
Ibanez RG7321
Goya/Martin G812 Acoustic
Danelectro Fish n Chips EQ
Roland MicroCube
As much as I hate Ibanez, Low-end Ibanez>Low-end Jackson.

But if you can, definitely go for the DK2M. When I tried it, it even sounded good through an SS Crate. Which brings me to this, what is your amp?
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Ibanez, I would go for an Ibanez S470 though, bloody great guitars, good necks and the ZR trem, one of the best.
Gear.
Peters Chimaira tube amp
Harley Benton 2xv30's
IbanezS470(evo,paf)
Jackson dinky select series USA
ESP LTD EC1000VB
MI audio boostnbuff+crunchbox
Carbon copy MXR + smart gate
Quote by Metal_Injection
Ibanez, I would go for an Ibanez S470 though, bloody great guitars, good necks and the ZR trem, one of the best.

The 320 has the same neck and trem...
Quote by FRDesign
The 320 has the same neck and trem...

The S470 has more tonal options though. The single coil is great!!
Gear.
Peters Chimaira tube amp
Harley Benton 2xv30's
IbanezS470(evo,paf)
Jackson dinky select series USA
ESP LTD EC1000VB
MI audio boostnbuff+crunchbox
Carbon copy MXR + smart gate
Quote by david1991
get the jackson, ibanez is balls.

Ibanez can't compare to Jackson in the upper range, they make good beginner guitars though. Ibanez guitars are way to overated IMO.
Quote by Black Mesa
Not trying to hijack the thread. But since the DK2M was mentioned I was wondering if anyone knew if the trem on that guitar is any good?

I broke the springs on the trem for this guitar it was working great until then.
Quote by Mur
Ibanez can't compare to Jackson in the upper range, they make good beginner guitars though. Ibanez guitars are way to overated IMO.

Have you ever played a high-end Ibanez?
Quote by rocker931
Jackson because Ibanez has horrible pickups and they are so hard to keep in tune. Jacksons the opposite, it's better

I don't even own a Jackson or Ibanez but Ibanez is overrated IMO.

what?.......
Quote by Mur

Obviously never played a J-Custom have we?
Jackson's workmanship beats everything,
unless the Ibanez is at least 20 years old. the it would be a hard fight debating between both of those guitars.
Doowop dooby doo doowop doowah doolang
Blue days black nights doowah doolang!
USA JAckson = Ibaez Japan. For what its worth, at that range, every guitar is good. Its just what you like. In fact, I think the quality of Ibanez high ends is much more consistent then USA/Custom Jackson.
thanks for the ur replies guys...i went with my mind set on the ibanez...but the moment i reached the shop my heart just went for the jackson! sorry to the ibanez fans...and i heard that all to do to the dx10d is get better pups and it'll be awesome...correct?
i havent even changed pups and im already prety happy with the tone i get
Quote by balboala
i havent even changed pups and im already prety happy with the tone i get

There you go man Don't change the pups if you like the sound. I find while inconsistent, Duncan Designed can be pretty good pickups. and you go for pickign what YOU want and not what everyone wanted
Quote by Mur

Vai, Satch and Friedman use Ibanez.
Quote by doctor woot
Vai, Satch and Friedman use Ibanez.

You don't consider them to be beginners? Because I do.
Quote by kyrreca
You don't consider them to be beginners? Because I do.

Not in the least bit. They know what they're doing, and when they play, it sounds GOOD. There aren't a whole lot of famous beginners out there anyways :P
Page 1 of 2