hello all
(couldn't get an answer [tried 3 times!} at the honored drug thread. so i guessed id have better chances here)

Quote by metalhead2061
A Question About KHAT!

i was wondering
do you swallow the juice for gastro-intestinal aborption (like alcohol) or do you let it sit in your mouth for mucous membranes absorption (like LSD)?
coz we tried once swallowing the juice but only effect was dilated pupils.
so should we get better gat? or keep the juice in mouth?

(by the way, i know that you don't swallow the leaves)

(i know imk sticking to this question but someone here has to know the answer. so, is it mucos or gastrointestinal absorption, then?

Please help me! this drug is legal here in Israel, and it is so abundant! you can just pick off any leaves at a Yemenite family's garden (only if they stick over the fence or it'll be theft!)

Thanks alot,
Tim.
I'd take a wild guess at leaving it on your tongue being the better idea, but it may need some preparation. Never heard of it, myself.
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
Thanks for the reply.
actually im just so stressed to get a 100% correct answer because i can and want to get some and chew it with some friends next time ill get the chance to do so.
ill just say what i DO know about using it:
you are supposed to chew the youngest leaves (the ones that are smaller, glossier and are usually at the top of te branch)
you chew them strongly, at the side of the mouth (between teeth row and cheek)and suck out all the juice.
now the question is, what do i do with this juice?
so i just found some sites saying it should be chewed like tobacco. how do you chew tobacco? this might be my answer!
Ah, sounds something like salvia leaves. you survived swallowing one whole, so I don't see how you could go wrong swallowing the juice.
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

actually my first time i did swallow the juice (blaahss it was so bitter!)
and we only notices pupil dilation (it might even have been from the darkness...)
so i guessed it was the wrong way. but for the next time, i want to be sure 100% how to do it!

by the way, you dont swallow the leaves. as soon as they are out-of-juice and they feel like a paste/mush/or just 'juiceless' you spit 'em out and put some fresh ones in your mouth!
Sorry, I got the wrong idea.

It may be down to the substance you're using, e.g. immature leaves or wrong leaves. Like I say, I've never heard of, or seen this before.
Call me Callum