Page 1 of 2
well the other day i took a color blind test. actually i took a few of them.
it turns out, after almost 20 years, i found out im color blind. it makes me wonder what everyone else sees. maybe there are colors i have never even seen before.
is anyone else color blind.
heres one of the test i took:
http://www.toledo-bend.com/colorblind/Ishihara.html
Holy ****.

I could see all the numbers on the first pictures, but on the combined one, I saw a 2, so I'm supposedly colourblind.

It's as if the colours changed or something! I saw a 2 first, then I read that I'm supposed to see a 5, looked more closely and saw that

EDIT: actually, I saw a 2 in pink, and the 5 is barely visible. The blue dots look randomly placed.
no offence.. but how would you not know you're colour-blind..
wouldn't the lack of colour in your vision.. i dunno.. make you think ?
Quote by Ichikurosaki

Colour blind people have never seen colour. How would they know?
yeah really...those are just like...if you cant see em...its cause they are blurry...a real man test would be...red spot...blue spot...green spot...yellow spot...and etc...then u would say wat u think they are
"hey look at the blue guitar"
"It's not blue it's green"
"wtf ??"
"oh sh!t."
I HAVE A SIG AND IT'S HUGE LOL
Quote by sashki

wow...color blind people...they see red as green...green as red...and etc...idiot...
Quote by Ichikurosaki

It;s not like they see in black and white!

I've got perfect colour vision, can't see further than my own nose tho,
"It's not nice when people call you darling and that"
I HAVE PERFECT VISION!!!!! how do you like me now!!!! yay...*dances*

alright i want to be colour blind now....
Am i on fire? OHHH NOOOO!!! I'M ON FIREEEEEE

Quote by sashki

everyday things.. in pre-school art, don't we all learn what colours are and stuff.. :\
At 20 years old you're diagnosing yourself as colour blind because of a group of pictures you found on the Internet?

It would probably be pretty obvious if you were colour blind, to be fair. And even if you are slightly, it's so insignificant it took some stranger to tell you over the internet. Accuracy ftl, eh?
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
I've took it before & fortunately, I've got perfect colour sighting.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
I'm partially colour blind(I could only see the 25). I only found out a few years ago when my parents were re-decorating the house, they said "we got rid of the pink wallpaper in the hall" and I replied "wait.. Pink?" It had always looked off-white to me.
Quote by Ichikurosaki

There are different types of colorblindness. For example, there are some times when I can't tell the difference between red and green. I never tell people this, because they ask me what color I think the grass is

NO **** IT'S GOING TO BE GREEN
Quote by Dobzilla
I'm colour blind too...

Always have been.

must explain your trippy avvy
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
Quote by Dobzilla
I'm colour blind too...

Always have been.

is that y that flag's colors are messed up?...
Quote by Murasaki-kun
There are different types of colorblindness. For example, there are some times when I can't tell the difference between red and green. I never tell people this, because they ask me what color I think the grass is

NO **** IT'S GOING TO BE GREEN

Hey, what colour is Dobzilla's username?

EDIT: Sorry, that was a tad tasteless. No harsh feelings meant.
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
i got everything right.
a couple years ago i had to take a color discrimination test for some career test, and the results showed i have very high color discrimination.
my mom saw the results and she though it meant i was racist or something
I'm not seeing anything in the middle. Is this a joke? Or am I actually color blind?
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
im good but me and my drummer found out he was color blind one day,the story is were were so boed after a non productive practice that we started to sort skittles by color.when i look at hid green and yellow bowls i was like WTF dude your mixing the colors,he just looked at me like -huh-
In our attempt to seek individualty,we have all become the same

Im so hardcore I could kick a puppy right now
If someone was born color-blind and they don't see black and white, all they see are different colors. For instance, what we know as red, they may see as green. But if they've had it since birth, they learned that the color they see still is called the same thing as the color we do.
Quote by SmElLy KiD
That is priceless man, you might be my new idol.

TS, whenever I see your username, I misread it as "isuckhardcocks."

Just had to get that out there.

We're ticking away, the moments that make up the dull days
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I'm not seeing anything in the middle. Is this a joke? Or am I actually color blind?

dont listen to the goddamn test...ok...look at my profile pic...wat color is my bass...and ill tell you if your color blind...

Edit-in fact...every...BETTER TEST...tell me if wat color my profile pic is...works 100%
Orange or brown.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

let me explain some more for the jerks that think im retarded for not knowing i was color blind earlier haha.
i always though i might be clor blind b/c i often call something blue when others say its purple. but i also thought maybe it was just really close to be blue or purple.
secnd of all, that is the standard color blind test. if you went to a docor, they would give you the same test. its the isahara or something like that.
and, let me explain color blindness. in my case, it means that most shades of greens look exactly the same to me. the same with reds. and that also means that colors that combine, like purple is blue and red, i have trouble because of the red in it.
for example, a friend of mine opened up a picture of something green in microspft paint, and then he made a green mark on it with the paint brush, he claimed that the mark was a lighter shade of green, but to me i couldnt see the mark, it looked the same shade.

and to people who took the test, if you missed one or two questions, your probably ok.
esp. if you read the answer and then see it. even after knowing the amswers i cannot see the numbers.
i hope this clears things up a little more.
Damn it, I wanted to be color blind.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by chea_man
let me explain some more for the jerks that think im retarded for not knowing i was color blind earlier haha.
i always though i might be clor blind b/c i often call something blue when others say its purple. but i also thought maybe it was just really close to be blue or purple.
secnd of all, that is the standard color blind test. if you went to a docor, they would give you the same test. its the isahara or something like that.
and, let me explain color blindness. in my case, it means that most shades of greens look exactly the same to me. the same with reds. and that also means that colors that combine, like purple is blue and red, i have trouble because of the red in it.
for example, a friend of mine opened up a picture of something green in microspft paint, and then he made a green mark on it with the paint brush, he claimed that the mark was a lighter shade of green, but to me i couldnt see the mark, it looked the same shade.

and to people who took the test, if you missed one or two questions, your probably ok.
esp. if you read the answer and then see it. even after knowing the amswers i cannot see the numbers.
i hope this clears things up a little more.

chea it does man
Quote by thekooliest09
chea it does man

hah your the first person to ever get my user name. haha i love you. chea i do baby
Quite a large chunk of the male population has some form of colour blindness.

And it doesn't mean there are colours you've never seen, or you're blind to certain shades, you mix them up a lot easier and can't always distinguish between some. Gutted you can't fly planes though. It's times like these I'm glad I'm a woman.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by Ichikurosaki

being colourblind isn't just black and white

edit - slow typing
POST FINDER
Just in case it's not been raised, no one knows if the blue I see is the blue you see. This isn't to do with colour blindedness, per say.

It's a big philosophical question, I think.
lol i'm color blind too.
When I went to work with my father he always told me to bring some tools with a specific color and I always brought the wrong ones, and I always thought he was telling me the wrong colors, but turns out it was my fault.

I hope that thing is a joke.
I HAVE A SIG AND IT'S HUGE LOL
Quote by isuckhardcore
If someone was born color-blind and they don't see black and white, all they see are different colors. For instance, what we know as red, they may see as green. But if they've had it since birth, they learned that the color they see still is called the same thing as the color we do.

I THINK that is what I was trying to say.

Imagine if those people saw the sky as what I see as green, or orange, or pink, that's mental.
Quote by Jackolas
Just in case it's not been raised, no one knows if the blue I see is the blue you see. This isn't to do with colour blindedness, per say.

It's a big philosophical question, I think.

i was thinking about that the other day. and i thought maybe everyones favorite color is the same. but like its blue to me, and green to you, and yellow to someone else.
Quote by Dinkydaisy
Gutted you can't fly planes though. It's times like these I'm glad I'm a woman.

Yeah gutted guys, just you know... next time, you might be walking down the street.. "Ah nuts, I can't fly that Boeing 747 today".
Page 1 of 2