Okey the thing is, on Monday me and my friends are going to go to the guitar shops and i'm going to buy an adapter (or what's it called) for my pedals, and i'm also going to buy new strings for my other guitar and tune it down to C standard or B standard (going to play some Soilwork and Arch Enemy stuff), so what gauge should i get? 11's or 12's ?

And don't i have to adjust the guitar (like truss rod and action etc.) for such low tunings?. But i don't want to take it to the shop and let them adjust it because its to expensive IMO. So any help is appreciated and thanks in advance.

And sorry for my English if its bad, i'm Icelandic
No prob man!

Id go 11's for a bit of a softer sounding C/B, and 12's if you want it to be a bit more heavy... or thick sounding.
And you WILL ahve to make a truss rod, action, and intonation adjustemtn with a new gauge of strings. Thats not a huge problem though, and there are many tutorials for you to do it all by yourself.
The thicker the strings the better if you're going to be tunning that low, my friend down tunes and he seems to like those Zack Wylde boomers, and your truss rod may need adjusting, but if you put them on and it's fine then it's fine. I've changed string gauges without having to change a thing on my guitar before, but I don't think I've ever left the neighborhood of 9's or 10's...
Quote by david_highland
The thicker the strings the better if you're going to be tunning that low, my friend down tunes and he seems to like those Zack Wylde boomers, and your truss rod may need adjusting, but if you put them on and it's fine then it's fine. I've changed string gauges without having to change a thing on my guitar before, but I don't think I've ever left the neighborhood of 9's or 10's...

okay, i don't think that Zakk Wylde boomer's are sold here, so im getting either Ernie Ball strings or D'addario
Quote by stebbic
okay, i don't think that Zakk Wylde boomer's are sold here, so im getting either Ernie Ball strings or D'addario

I don't know about D'addario, but I'm an Ernie Ball guy my self. I've never tried them, but if they're as awesome as the rest of the strings they make you might want to check out some Ernie Ball "Not even slinkies"
Quote by david_highland
I don't know about D'addario, but I'm an Ernie Ball guy my self. I've never tried them, but if they're as awesome as the rest of the strings they make you might want to check out some Ernie Ball "Not even slinkies"

Okay i have Ernie Ball Super Slinky's (9's) on my other guitar and i really like them so i think that im just going to get the Ernie Ball