So here's the story.

I was on Craigslist, the used gear *****'s haven, and saw an add for "Ibanez gio electric guitar, $150". Mildly curious, I clicked on the add, thinking it might make a nice starter axe for my little sister's xmas present. The add didn't mention a model number, just that the sale "included some cables and pedals". Well what the hell? I took the cash out of my seed money, and walked down the road to Zaxbys to met the guy earlier today. I count out the cash to him, and he forks over a nice soft shell case, and a cardboard box. Off he goes, leaving me with nothing but a box, a guitar, and the smell of delicious chicken floating in my nostrils. Somewhat apprehensivly, I opened up the box and case, just for a quick peek, and...

An Ibanez RG2EX2, beautifuly kept (save the missing switch tip)

A Digitech DF7 Distortion Factory, Main Squeeze Compressor, Grunge analog Distortion, and Ibanez Smashbox

And an IBANEZ WEEPING DEMON

There was even a few old 30 foot cables, a AC adapter, and a daisy chain connector. There is a god, no? Long live Craigslist!
Wow...you lucky swine. The Law of Awesome Finds clearly states that you have to give me half of that stuff. No, seriously.

Congrats
You gotta be kidding me! The weeping demon and cables alone would put the price at around 150 dollars.
Quote by Pikka Bird
Go pikka yourself!
haha thats awesome, i take it your keeping that to yourself now?
reach in the darkness for what you can find travel great distance in your mind.
^I bloody know! I was really suprised with the useability of the Smash Box. I'm usually not much for little "push button, get distortion" boxes, but wow.

^^Yea, I guess I'll have to find something else to give her, I'm keeping that sucker. Mabye throw her my beaten up RG7321, and keep the nicer RG!

Law of Awesome Finds says I'll give the Grunge for $20, shipped if you want. :P
Quote by the.spine.surfs
Law of Awesome Finds says I'll give the Grunge for $20, shipped if you want. :P

Law of Denthúl's Wallet says that $20 is more than he can afford. And it would probably cost that much again to ship it to the UK.

Oh, and the Grunge is one of my least favourite pedals
^^Me too. I'd ship it to anyone for $20...the only cool thing is it's purpley crackle finish. Mabye I could put the guts of my Bad Monkey in the purpley Grunge casing...
Dude, how do you sleep at night knowing you practically stole that stuff??!
Congrats on the cool gear score!! Lucky ba$+ard!
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Usually not a good idea to hand a dude cash and let him take off before you even look at what he gave you, but you got real lucky this time. Nice score.
Heh. I didn't know until I searched for it. I only got five for Manchester, so I guess people over here are much more into their eBay than anything else. I'd offer to make a decent thing like that for use over here, but there are several problems with that:

1) I'm lazy
2) I doubt many people would use it
3) I'm lazy
4) We already have Loot
5) I'm lazy
Quote by electrik
Usually not a good idea to hand a dude cash and let him take off before you even look at what he gave you, but you got real lucky this time. Nice score.

I did open up the case, can confirm there was a guitar, and peek into the box to confirm there was SOMETHING. Not my first Craigslist dealing.

And I think he's just happy for the cash...he had a baby in a carseat of his car, and a wife in the passanger seat...probably both calling for a removal of guitar equipment at maximum speed.
Loot is like a newspaper, except it's just classified ads. I'm not sure it's available in Wales, though, which might be why you haven't heard of it. It's pretty good, though. Not sure they have an online service, because they make most of their money from selling the paper.

Edit: They do have online listings. Awesome.
holy ****! that's my stolen gear!

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
wow.. Was the seller dropped on his head? He could have sold that for at least 250...
Quote by the.spine.surfs
a wife in the passanger seat...probably both calling for a removal of guitar equipment at maximum speed.

Poor guy...
Lucky. Very lucky.
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror