Page 1 of 2
at Zellers xD

for those who dont know, its basically K-Mart

but i need know...what do i do? My friend said i may have to trim my hair, not swear, dress nicely and be polite. i dont think im capable of the above. whats some advice i could take into consideration. i have about 2 weeks.

GO!
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
Challenge them to an arm wrestle, say you have to record the interview in case they are transmitting codes, wear borat's bikini, you know, all the usual job interview stuff.
Quote by minibrowny
Challenge them to an arm wrestle, say you have to record the interview in case they are transmitting codes, wear borat's bikini, you know, all the usual job interview stuff.

seems like a good idea, but im not gona spend that much for minimal wage at zellers
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci

Writing music is hard D:
dont shake your legs or do any nervous habits, dress nice (black or blue. maybe a white dress shirt and black slacks) make sure you make eye contact
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Float like butterfly, sting like a bee!

Just be calm, confident and tell them why you should get the job!
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Hey,

i remember my first interview, it was with a really fit blonde 20 odd year old. ill be honest ive never been more nervous in my life, but i just thought this:

at the end of the day, its an interview, if you dont get the job big deal. there are others out there.

when you go for it, try and put a smile on your face and act cheerfull and freindly, this will make it alot easier for you and the interviewer.

i swear alot, but i dont find it hard not to swear. im guessing you wont be a situation where you feel you need to swear!

look tidy, if you get the job you will be representing them on the shop floor, so if you go in looking like a tramp, chances are they will take one look and say no!

erm thats it really, they might ask you where you have use certain skills before, such as were have you use comminucation skills to lead a team or some crap. just think of some examples the night before.

and remember, its not the end of the world. there are millions of jobs out there, so dont think this is your last chance

just my 2p
Quote by Phillitalian
at Zellers xD

for those who dont know, its basically K-Mart

but i need know...what do i do? My friend said i may have to trim my hair, not swear, dress nicely and be polite. i dont think im capable of the above. whats some advice i could take into consideration. i have about 2 weeks.

GO!

You're incapable of being polite, dressing nicely and not swearing? What, did you grow up in a cave? Those things matter in society. Especially when you want to make a good first impression.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Firm Handshake. Also wink at the interviewer at some point during the interview. Worked for me.
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society
Quote by Mad Marius
You're incapable of being polite, dressing nicely and not swearing? What, did you grow up in a cave? Those things matter in society. Especially when you want to make a good first impression.

actually i grew up in my house and was incapable of crossing the street due to over protective parents

What if they throw a curveball question like

"if 2 customers grab the last shrit on sale and come to you for help, what do you do?"

how am i supposed to answer something like that without making it look like i have to think about it?

EDIT: also, do i gota cut/trim my hair? it relatively long compared to everyone i know... would it higher my chances of being hired?
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci

Writing music is hard D:
Last edited by Phillitalian at Nov 3, 2007,
if youve got long hair and it you wash it, itll be alright lol

lol seriously, if you look tidy that will do. i wouldnt worry about cutting your hair.

if they asked you a question like that, just say something like you would try to reason with the customers and if they still werent happy you would contact management.
first, say you would check for stock in the back first...then say the above...
Try and be enthusiastic about the job too...even if you're not really too keen.

If you demonstrate to them that you really want to work for them you're half way there.
Quote by Raizer Sabre
this is the biggest pile of crap i've seen since that little bit in jurassic parkwhere you see dino crap everywhere...
Quote by Phillitalian
actually i grew up in my house and was incapable of crossing the street due to over protective parents

What if they throw a curveball question like

"if 2 customers grab the last shrit on sale and come to you for help, what do you do?"

how am i supposed to answer something like that without making it look like i have to think about it?

EDIT: also, do i gota cut/trim my hair? it relatively long compared to everyone i know... would it higher my chances of being hired?

If he asks a question like that, you say you will contact the manager. You are NOT allowed to make decisions with complaints and such.

and sadly yes, you have to cut your hair. I applied at many places, but it wasnt until I cut my hair did i get past an interview. Just cut it so it about 5 or so cm out of your eyes, then let it grow back. usually the rule is it can't touch your shirt collar...
Quote by Daniel8488
if youve got long hair and it you wash it, itll be alright lol

lol seriously, if you look tidy that will do. i wouldnt worry about cutting your hair.

if they asked you a question like that, just say something like you would try to reason with the customers and if they still werent happy you would contact management.
first, say you would check for stock in the back first...then say the above...

Exactly. If you properly wash it and it doesn't look like it's disgusting, you should be fine. Especially on something like K-Mart. I would understand if it was some business thing but it's not.
Good luck man, shit's gonna go down next year.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by JustRooster
How'd it go?

you gotta tag him so he gets an email notification and comes back to post
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
there now we should get a response any day now
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I knew this was a necrobump the moment I read "Zellers".
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: The Police

Please excuse my proper spelling and grammar, English is one of my first languages.
Quote by metaldud536
You better learn how to start sucking dick.

You better learn how to stop.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
think about what you actually want from a job and a working environment and bring your own questions. this is the job market equivalent of playing hard to get. do a bit of background research so you know essentially who you're working for. don't be late and be polite etc.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Quote by snipelfritz
You better learn how to stop.

I meant it as a method to moving up in the world. Not in the sense that he'll end in some dark alley pleasing other men.
I use xD and XD all the time
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Quote by StewieSwan
is there a cringier word than "squee" tho

anime
demisexual
kawaii
Killary
safezone
sheeple
swerf
triggered

etc
Quote by theogonia777
anime
demisexual
kawaii
Killary
safezone
sheeple
swerf
triggered

etc

squee is still worse tbh

"omg the new harry potter furfic is being published soon. SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

it's enough to chill the bones
Check out my band Disturbed
Punny nonce words are bad in general, but especially when related to topics that people generally don't like.

Brony
everypony
fursecution
fursona

etc

Also anything traditionally considered feminine that has the prefix man- added at the beginning to make it more "masculine" sounding is pretty bad like man-bag, man-bun, etc if you want to count those as compound words.
Quote by StewieSwan
squee is still worse tbh

"omg the new harry potter furfic is being published soon. SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

it's enough to chill the bones

more like hairy pawter
Quote by theogonia777
more like hairy pawter

actually teeheed at that before even reading the context of the couple posts before.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
strong necro 
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by ImNeverSalty
Random3 i'm surprised it hasn't been locked yet. but even forum mods have their favorites that they don't want to offend. 

I hardly begin to qualify as that.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Page 1 of 2