I Currently run a M Audio Mobile pre usb into adobe audition and Abelton live 6.
My Mics are:
Audix I5
MXL 990(2)
MXL 991
Shure SM57 & 58

do you think it would do me some justice to upgrade to the mbox 2 factory bundle
and start using pro tools?
Fender H Stratocaster USA.
SX P90 Mahogany Hawk
Gibson Les Paul Studio Double Cut

Delta Labs Tube Driver
Hardwire SC-2 Valve Distortion
Delta Labs Stereo Chorus
TC Nova Repeater
Korg Pitchblack Tuner Ped

Fender Super Champ XD
pretty much recommend it over every program I've used.

will you be able to use it enough to justify the large price though?
The best thing about it is that you can go to any studio and record
and take the session files home and edit them, mix them etc.

It's a beautiful system.
MBOX2 - PRO TOOLS LE 7.3.1 - CUBASE SX3 - REASON 4
ATTACK_DECAY_SUSTAIN_RELEASE_
I'm personally a fan of ProTools, been using it in one form or another since 2001, but whether or not you should make the switch depends on a few things. The package as such, MBox 2 Factory, is fairly expensive but you do get a lot of bang for your buck and the compatibility issue that orgasmickey mentions is a plus. What worries me is the "do me some justice" line. ProTools is a bit hard for some people to get to grips with and, in my opinion, nothing like Ableton Live so you'll face a learning curve. And it's not magic in any way, you only get out what you can put in so if your recording skills aren't good enough to get good results out of the Mobile Pre/Ableton Live setup then ProTools won't really make much of a difference. In the end the skill you have matters more than the program. And if you're planning to program MIDI then ProTools will soon have you pulling your hair out (if you know what good MIDI programming can be that is). So take a minute to think about what you expect ProTools to "do" for you and then decide.
well i dont do much midi stuff, exept for ezdrummer sometimes.

but i would much rather solo out different drum tracks in ableton, export them as wav files and put them into pro tools. that way i would have audio files, not midi files to work with.

i do know how to use pro tools though. my old band used to use it. and i did a internship at a local studio that runs pro tools. i believe i could use it without a problem

ive been using cubase some lately too.
Fender H Stratocaster USA.
SX P90 Mahogany Hawk
Gibson Les Paul Studio Double Cut

Delta Labs Tube Driver
Hardwire SC-2 Valve Distortion
Delta Labs Stereo Chorus
TC Nova Repeater
Korg Pitchblack Tuner Ped

Fender Super Champ XD
I think you're wasting your time.

You have more good mics than you'll have inputs.

Try and get a bigger m powered m audio interface, as opposed to getting the mbox, which is a good piece of kit, but only has 2 inputs, 1 of which is passive.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Try and get a bigger m powered m audio interface, as opposed to getting the mbox, which is a good piece of kit, but only has 2 inputs, 1 of which is passive.

Don't confuse the MBox 2 with the MBox 2 Mini. The MBox 2 has two mic inputs, both of which run phantom power. Much like the old MBox.

That said, I don't think the Factory version is any better than the plain MBox 2. The MoogerFooger plugins are fun to use now and then but they're not much use for standard applications. For delays especially the standard plugins that come with ProTools work very well. And in my opinion the Bombfactory BF76 compressor is much better than the Joe Meek SC2T (never been a big fan of the Joe Meek sound). The oly thing I would say is worth the extra money in the Factory bundle would be the Maxim. If it featured an extended track count then that would be interesting but all you get are a few extra plugins that you probably won't use much.
Last edited by ebon00 at Nov 9, 2007,
Pro Tools is a nice program but there's much better out there...

I recently switched to Logic 8 and love it so much more for most things...but Pro Tools is nice for editing.

The Mbox2 can be a pain in the ass though...lots of kernel panics and hanging on OS X, and in Windows you can't use it as your main output interface for a lot of apps (like itunes, games, etc)...only Pro Tools
Martin D-15 || Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Black w/ Gold HW)
Ibanez RG320 (Dark Silver) || Digitech RP50 || Mbox2 || Yamaha HS50M's
Ibanez Smash Box || Danelectro Danecho || Modded Crybaby
Peavey Bandit 112 Transtube
And More!...