Hey there, I'm Jamie and I work for a motorcycle website called BikersBasin.com so if you like motorcycles check them out :-). anyway I'm not a spammer so I'll get straight to the point, I play guitar and bass and have been for a while now I think. Guitar for 3 years and am at Grade 5 Rockschool standard, can sweep comfortably, pick at a moderate speed, finger tap pretty well and know all of the notes in the finger board by heart almost instantly. Bass guitar I've been playing for about a year nearly and am also on Grade 5 Rockschool standard, I think it was easier for me to get to that grade as quick due to my experience with guitar. As far as my bass playing goes I can slap and pop pretty comfortably and do other techniques to such as tapping, hammers and pull offs, slides etc..

I'm only 14 but don't let it fool you, I am Grade 5 national standard of Music Theory and 3, one hour lessons of music a week over 6 weeks I have gone from no or little knowledge of a Tango to composing one with 6 instruments and getting an A :-)

Now I know that sounds pretty impressive and well I suppose it is, but I'm a pretty layed back person, I do practice guitar alot and at weekends used to do Vai's 10 hour workout, but now I just like to hang out with friends, play guitar and listen to great music.

I can't really be frozen into one Genre of music as I like all music and am pretty open minded, however my favourite guitarist is Paul Gilbert, my favourite bass player is Billy Sheehan so you might have guessed that my favourite band is Mr Big. Anyway enough about me, thank you for having me here :-).
Hi bikersbasin,

Welcome to UG

There is a thread just for introductions like this, stickied at the top of this forum.

Be sure to read the rules and the faq, and have fun while you're here

Oh, and be sure to stick around for a while and watch what goes on in "The Pit" before you post in there. It can be brutal!
tumblr | twitter | instagram
Quote by Rossenrot
Aig91 Atomizes Rossenrot Before Offering Mercy In Exchange For Wholesale Genuflection
Quote by aig91
Hi bikersbasin,

Welcome to UG

There is a thread just for introductions like this, stickied at the top of this forum.

Be sure to read the rules and the faq, and have fun while you're here

Oh, and be sure to stick around for a while and watch what goes on in "The Pit" before you post in there. It can be brutal!

:lol: advice taken :-)