I have been playing guitar now for 6 years, and was thinking of getting a bass. ive narrowed my decisions of what bass to get down to 2 choices, an epiphone t-bird (which in light blue would match my light green strat), or a squire jazz bass. I mostly play rock, and ive also heard that a thunderbird is bad for slapping. Im probably going to go down to guitar center soon and try both out, but which one should i get
thunderbird, I just got the Epiphone T-bird Goth bass. I think it sounds alright for slapping and all 'round a great bass.

I know you said you wanted the light blue.. but if you see the goth black try it out. I thought it sounded better.. according to musicians friend one has an alder body, the goth has mahogany body. I like the tone better, but whichever you like.
Lol, a thunderbird. I can honestly say you're better off with a BC Rich Warlock bass than a Thunderbird.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
No, forget about the Thunderbird.

Well, try it out, then forget about it. They are baaaad, very baaaaad. Poor fret access, poor tonal shaping, poor weight distribution...

Go for a Vintage Modified Squire Jazz. And also, try searching. There have literally been over 40 threads exactly the same as this since near the end of October. Tam is keeping a count. Another $5 eh Tam?
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Quote by Cobalt Blue
thunderbird, I just got the Epiphone T-bird Goth bass. I think it sounds alright for slapping and all 'round a great bass.

I know you said you wanted the light blue.. but if you see the goth black try it out. I thought it sounded better.. according to musicians friend one has an alder body, the goth has mahogany body. I like the tone better, but whichever you like.

Please admit to drug use during your bass buying experence.
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
Lol, a thunderbird. I can honestly say you're better off with a BC Rich Warlock bass than a Thunderbird.

I'm insulted on how true that is. I'm gonna go cry over my Warlock now.