I've had mine for about two years and the intonation on the high E string is ****ed up. Bout a quarter of a step off, no matter what fret I hit I can't get it unless I bend the eleventh fret a half step up.

I checked the saddle position, makes no difference. No grooves in the saddle to let the string slip, humbuckers aren't too close to the strings, but here's what caught my eye. It's a 3-piece bolt on neck, and what gets me is I can actually fit one of my picks between the neck and the front of the body, just below the strings. I can slide it all the way through like a credit card swiper. Is this normal? Only the high E is messed up so I'm not too sure if that's it.

&&While I'm here I might as well ask; Basswood body, rosewood fingerboard, fixed bridge, && maple Wizard II neck. Would it be worth it to replace this axe's pickups or should I just consider saving up for a whole new one? I'm kinda broke so if I can make due with just this one, I'd rather.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
Its a hard tail.. Spend about 10- 20 bucks to get it setup.
what amp do you have?
The amp is crap and I know it, but the problems I have with it I get through any amp.

I'm running a spider III 75W'er right now. I wanna take my RG in to get it set up but I'm broke, but if that'll fix it then I can manage. Guitar Center could do it, right?
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
I don't think it's the strings, but this is a new type I haven't tried before so they may have lasted even less than my old ones.

I never noticed a problem with the intonation till I switched to ernie ball slinky's, my old ones lasted me a year and a half and they were stock strings.
Quote by fly135

I figured it out.
A couple of months, let's see... I was changing strings and Aspen invited me over so... **** lemme think. School hadn't even started yet.

uh crap. WAIT yes school had started, I was going out with Aimee and felt bad because Aspen was hitting on me and I didn't wanna cheat on Aimee. This my friends, is the purpose of drama, to store dates permanently in memory.

I'd say at the end of august. So, a little over two months.
Quote by fly135

I figured it out.
What would you recommend?

I'm running a line 6 spider III 75W'er till I get a better amp (which is gonna be a while, I'm dirt poor). Scooped mids, maxed gain + high treble and mid low's. Basically, a sharp, bright tone that cuts through someone's ears and forces their skull into submission.
Quote by fly135

I figured it out.
I use D'Addarios. In fact, they're probably what came with your guitar stock. Actually, I'm positive because Ibanez ships with D'Addarios from the factory. I rust the hell outta any strings, though. I might have to fork out dough for some Elixirs soon. They have a coating so gunk doesn't build up and cut yer fingers and make it feel like poopoo.
get boomers, very low price, feel good on my fingers, my personal fav.

I always get boomers. made in the USA too.
Any idea what gauges I should use? I'm strung with I think 10-42's or something like that.
Quote by fly135

I figured it out.
It shoulda come with 9's from the factory. You can try those or just use 10's.

Actually, if they came with 9s and you put 10s on them, you would have changed neck tension ever so slightly. It might have been enough to do something. Try a set of 9s and see if that doesn't help.
I might just clip the strings, take it up to a GC, and have them set it up with a brand new set of strings.

That way I have diddley squat to worry about.
Quote by fly135

I figured it out.