im thinking about getting a new amp for christmas and i have narrowed it down to 2 that i like

Marshall MG30DFX 30-Watt Combo
http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/page/shop/flypage/product_id/31113

or

Orange Crush 30R
http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/page/shop/flypage/product_id/12505

i have been playing guitar since begining of august and i tend to play rock, punk heavey rock and bit of metal. im currantly playing on a stat and im getting an effects pedal for my birthday

can anyone help me decied coz i havent got a clue whats differant and thanks for any help
Out of the two, the Orange is better. But I'm sure you can get a much better amp than either. The Vox Valvetronix amps are good or, if you're more into metal, the Roland Cubes.

What is your budget and what kind of music do you play?
whats wrong with it , it sounded good with all those effects already on it
MG = Missing Genitals.

MG = Mangled Genitals.

MG = Massively Gay.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
Don't be impressed by all the pre built in effects (points at amp in my sig - I'm a dirty hippocrit), they seem great for a while, but as you improve you'll see that they merely cover up both a bad tone and sloppy playing. Get a good amp (like the aformentioned Vox's) and as you improve, you'll thank us for the MG warning.
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
Rule of thumb: Effects in cheap amps = bad. Of course, what can you expect? But don't buy an amp based on it's effects.

But tonewise, the MG sucks. I don't know about the Orange, but I think a Valvetronix or a Cube would be better.
Quote by BobMarleysGhost
Don't be impressed by all the pre built in effects (points at amp in my sig - I'm a dirty hippocrit), they seem great for a while, but as you improve you'll see that they merely cover up both a bad tone and sloppy playing. Get a good amp (like the aformentioned Vox's) and as you improve, you'll thank us for the MG warning.

He's looking at an MG, you have a G-DEC, and I have a Spider III.

. . .

Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
Quote by Ishiga

. . .

Muahaha, I have a Microcube?

...tho I play trough a Zoom G2.1U.
If its your first biggish amp then get the MG, although MG's are really bad amps overall, they're good for practicing and finding a good tone, so I'd get an MG coz Orange are unreliable and crap in my experiences anyway.
Quote by bikersbasin
If its your first biggish amp then get the MG, although MG's are really bad amps overall, they're good for practicing and finding a good tone, so I'd get an MG coz Orange are unreliable and crap in my experiences anyway.

I think you may just have had a one-off. Any Orange product I've played (valve or SS) has been perfect in terms of reliability.
Quote by Ishiga

. . .

Then we can all speak from experience.
Admitting it is the first step towards recovery. Look at me now; I'm shopping for a JCM 900.
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
I bet Gabel is gonna come and suggest orange
"I never liked those Deep Purples or those sort of things. I always hated it. I always thought it was a poor man’s Led Zeppelin"
// Angus Young

+1
just to let you know i have a budget of about £120 and if you want to see my currant amp it is on my profile
hahahahaha dude you would probly like the amp i have below there genreally cheap and there really good tone and amazing distortion considering its ss
Quote by bikersbasin

How exactly? By forcing you to go in search of a decent amp to play through???

TS, get youself a Vox Valvetronix, the MG is awful and the Orange isn't really all that great, particularly compared to a proper Orange.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Get a vox valvetronix for a ss amp.

Or try out the Peavey Studiopro range, very underated amps.
Or the peavey rage!!!
Gear.
Peters Chimaira tube amp
Harley Benton 2xv30's
IbanezS470(evo,paf)
Jackson dinky select series USA
ESP LTD EC1000VB
MI audio boostnbuff+crunchbox
Carbon copy MXR + smart gate
Like everyone else said go for something like a Vox Valvetronix great amp for the price. I own the ad30vt and it's been great so far.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-Valvetronix-AD30VT-30W-Guitar-Combo?sku=481959
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Last edited by zeppelinpage4 at Nov 3, 2007,