Poll: Should i pop my acne?
Poll Options
View poll results: Should i pop my acne?
Yeahh
37 46%
No
17 21%
You can, but its not good.
26 33%
Voters: 80.
Yeahh, im 13 and of course i have acne. But i dont have alot. I just occasionally get a few little pimples(i guess they're called) on my face. Alright, so my question is. Is it good to pop them? Cause i've heard people say dont pop they come back even more. And i've heard people say pop'em because it makes'em go away.
So, which should i?
dont. never ever pop em. if you want to do something about it dont use any products for it, just wash your face with really hot water a lot during the day, especially in the morning.
PROUD MEMBER OF THE

Ug Irish Clan - Pog mo Thoin
Dont pop um, all that will do is expose it to even more bacteria.
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
Quote by Footzyrama
Dont pop um, all that will do is expose it to even more bacteria.

It's not really rocket science to disinfect the area after before and after you pop it, you know.
Quote by BLOBERT
BRO
if youre going to pop them, make sure they are white heads and not in-grown

and dont squeeze too hard or ull bruise or, even worse, ull push the nasty stuff further in so it will come back.
Just wash your face dude, and drink water. If you insist on popping them, then do so right before you wash your face, so you're nice and clean afterwards. If you pop one, and then leave half the gloop stuck to your face, you're only making your face dirtier. A dirty face can lead to more spots because of clogged pores.
I had pretty bad acne when I was 13. Until I was about 15 actually. That was after I stopped drinking fizzy drinks, and washed my face regularly with a special face-wash thing. Stop drinking nasty **** and just drink water. It helped me.
They seem to go away at the same speed no matter what I do to them. I'll normally pop them at home, so they don't accidentally pop somewhere in public and I get puss and blood oozing out for everyone to stare at. But that's just me.
It's bad for you for a whole bunch of reasons, but in some cases it's understandable.
Quote by Meths
Really, it's quite gutting that we'll all be dead by the time the earth is entirely underwater because I really want to stick your head underwater while standing on Everest and say "if sea levels aren't rising, HOW COME YOU'RE DYING?!"
popping it will cause to spread in other areas, never do it and yeah wash your face morning and night it helped me out a lot
wash your face with really hot water, then follow it with really cold water, it will work if you keep doing it but it keep forgetting. I haven't got acne but i've got some spots. also don't wash your face with soap. thats really bad!!!
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Don't pop them cuz they'll scar...

Just wash your face about 2 or 3 times a day with hot water and rinse with cold one to close the pores. Don't eat greasy stuff, or chicken, chocolate, pork, seeds, and nuts cuz they're high in hormones and will mess up ur metabolism and make more pimples. Get away from sodas and drink a lot of water and make sure ur pillows and shirts (if u get them on your chest/back) are clean.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
yeahhh dude try not to pop then unlesss its likee essential.
like if your about to go on a date or something and you just got a big noticeable one rite on your cheek or something.

but yeahhh wash your face a lot to prevent them.
i use "clearasil ultra" which covers them up because its skin colored and it gets rid of them.
and try not to rub your face a lot with your hands, that builds up oils in your pores.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
no one fuckin cares
My doctor actually reccomends it. What good is all the bacteria on your face? I mean, it's gotta come out sometime. I lightly wash my face before, then make sure the "tips" are off so it comes out easier and LIGHTLY push it out until it bleeds then make sure you wash your face and put cream on after. Don't go crazy, if stuff dosn't come out right away, leave it be. Make sure the zit is white and not red too. But yeah, do what you want. But do you want huge whiteheads on your face all day? It will only scar if you are too extreme. Never scrape it or anything. So yeah, there you go. Retin-A helps a lot in shrinking them as well .
don't pop them, unless you wanna gross out somebody, or you think ti's on of the ones that actually makes a poping sounds and like squirts, those are SOO fucn to make your friends mad
and everybody saying popping them is bad, no it isn't, just make sure you fash your face, and DON"T PICK AT THEM, wait until they're white headed, if they're not whiteheaded don'r waste your time
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Quote by Nacho Cheese!
I am pretty sure using the search bar helps that out.

I'm sure not being a retard helps out with that even more ^_^
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
I do it a bit; of course pimples are less frequent now for me and I never really had an acne problem, but sometimes they scar. If it's huge and white, it'll pop easy and might not scar, but if you have to force it and you bleed after, it will, so CHOOSE WISELY.

I can't believe I just advised someone on how to pop pimples. Well, that's my line.

::puts on hat and picks up suitcase, walks off into sunset::
Quote by Douche ©
I may not be cool off the internet, but on the internet I am pretty cool.

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6
myabe we all suck thats why were sitting at a computer desk talking **** thro the enternet lol

If not all of us, at least him.

<//////>~
I have a really bad habit in popping them and it doesnt do me any good, but looking on this thread has helped me a bit, thanks. And if you are really concerned about it the doctors have something that works effectively
My Gear:
ESP LTD EC-1000 SW
ESP LTD EC 500 STBC
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Dean Razorback Two Tone
Ibanez 7 string
Randall RH150G3 Head and Cab
Quote by evening_crow
Don't pop them cuz they'll scar...

Just wash your face about 2 or 3 times a day with hot water and rinse with cold one to close the pores. Don't eat greasy stuff, or chicken, chocolate, pork, seeds, and nuts cuz they're high in hormones and will mess up ur metabolism and make more pimples. Get away from sodas and drink a lot of water and make sure ur pillows and shirts (if u get them on your chest/back) are clean.

90% of the girls I know eat all those things, and they don't have a spot on them. Also they will not scar if you use proper popping technique and do it when the pimple's nice and ripe. I agree on the pillows though...
Quote by BLOBERT
BRO
Oh and all that **** about what you eat isn't really true. It's been proven Chocolate dosn't do much to your acne. Same with sex. But yeah, drink water and get plenty of sleep. If you must, use some foundation (make up) to cover it up. It also dries and shrinks it. I promise your face won't scar if you are very careful. Sometimes, your face will look like it has scares (especially on the cheeks) but if you use certain medications, it will go away eventually. An important thing is if you ever notice scarring, act IMMEDIATELY! There's lots of medications and if worse comes to worse, there's always laser treatement. Hope this helps. Don't listen to anyone else, I've had quite an experience with acne myself (I still have it but it cleared up so much in the last 6 months). Believe me, I've had some of the worse acne imaginable, it will get better.
Basically, like everyone's saying, clean with a good face cleanser; I use Cetaphil and it works great. Also use some kind of rubbing alcohol, which works great for me, you can see what regular soap misses after a few passes over your face.
Quote by Douche ©

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6
myabe we all suck thats why were sitting at a computer desk talking **** thro the enternet lol

<//////>~
Quote by KileManA7X
Oh and all that **** about what you eat isn't really true. It's been proven Chocolate dosn't do much to your acne. Same with sex. But yeah, drink water and get plenty of sleep. If you must, use some foundation (make up) to cover it up. It also dries and shrinks it. I promise your face won't scar if you are very careful. Sometimes, your face will look like it has scares (especially on the cheeks) but if you use certain medications, it will go away eventually. An important thing is if you ever notice scarring, act IMMEDIATELY! There's lots of medications and if worse comes to worse, there's always laser treatement. Hope this helps. Don't listen to anyone else, I've had quite an experience with acne myself (I still have it but it cleared up so much in the last 6 months). Believe me, I've had some of the worse acne imaginable, it will get better.

QFT
Quote by BLOBERT
BRO
Sea water can clear up Acne in a few days I've found.

And I get a spot if I pop it, but I always do it: In the bathroom washing my skin and before bed so no scummy crap gets on the site because I'm just laying there. Its also better than cutting the spot open while shaving.
Quote by Discouraged
Just wash your face dude...A dirty face can lead to more spots because of clogged pores.

That's only half true. Acne is more cause by genes and hormones than a dirty face. It's just that the dirt on your face provides a breeding ground for bacteria. These bacteria become blemishes for the affected because their skin can't shed itself properly, which makes the pores much more easily clogged. Blackheads are actually black because they're made of oxidized keratin, which is formed below the surface of the skin where it is impossible to wash them away.
The trick is to pop them all and then wash your face so all the bacteria goes away.
ESP Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Eclipse
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
Quote by Quintessence153
That's only half true. Acne is more cause by genes and hormones than a dirty face. It's just that the dirt on your face provides a breeding ground for bacteria. These bacteria become blemishes for the affected because their skin can't shed itself properly, which makes the pores much more easily clogged. Blackheads are actually black because they're made of oxidized keratin, which is formed below the surface of the skin where it is impossible to wash them away.

::takes notes::

You sound like my RD; he's always telling us how everything is related to biology. One night someone had too much to drink and had to go to the hospital and he started telling us about the chemical reaction that caused it or whatever Crazy dude.
Quote by Douche ©

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6

<//////>~
Quote by crazynickman
::takes notes::

You sound like my RD; he's always telling us how everything is related to biology. One night someone had too much to drink and had to go to the hospital and he started telling us about the chemical reaction that caused it or whatever Crazy dude.

Anyone who knows me in person would say almost the same thing about me, albeit without any stories about alcohol.
Unless you want scars on your face.. I wouldn't pop them. Just get a creme for it.
Tonight I kill your fucking face.
I killed your face.

HG FC: 4211 7971 0287
Plt FC: 3052 1000 9033
Quote by RipeFlesh
Unless you want scars on your face.. I wouldn't pop them. Just get a creme for it.

Even zits I never popped left scars on my face. The ability of a pimple to leave a scar is more closely related to its size and severity than how you get rid of it.
Quote by Quintessence153

You learn something new everyday. Thanks for the info.
I'd rather pop a few every morning rather than go to school with 5 on my face everyday and having people look at that, because I know it disgusts people.
Quote by KileManA7X
What does that mean?

It's an acronym for "Quoted For Truth" (or, as I have seen elsewhere, "Quite ****ing True ").
Quote by BLOBERT
BRO
Popping spots is fun. It's one of my guilty pleasures, I must admit.

I don't get them that bad, it's just that they come in waves. I'll be clean and clear for a week or so, then I'll have an outbreak It's annoying, to say the least..
if they're really pus-filled, pop them. just don't pick the scab, as it will scar. there's probably like, runny pus and solid pus...you have to get rid of all the solid pus, basically. grotesque, i know. you should also invest in a decent face wash (make sure it suits your skin type, don't use something too harsh if you have sensitive skin), and yeah, i know it's a girly thing, but an oil-free moisturiser to stop your skin drying out and cracking, which can make acne worse. drink lots of water, wash your hair, and in five to seven years time you'll be spot free.

i'm so glad i'm nearly out of my teens.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy