do you guys know how i can make my computer stop being so annoying?(computer experts)

its kind of hard to explain, but its just been acting really strange for the past few months. sometimes when i open a random program, like literally anything, it freezes and i have to restart it. occasionally internet explorer (and firefox) randomly shut down. its been acting slow. and theres like a lot of glitches on WoW, and im pretty sure its not the game since i got 3 patches and it isnt happening to my friends. theres a few other things, i just dont know what to do. i might need more RAM, idk.

well, if you guys know what to do or can suggest any programs or something, thanks.

I think I need more RAM aswell. But I found a temporary solution. I downloaded Crap Cleaner (CCleaner) It gets rid of the crap.
Quote by tunasband
it doesnt take a computer expert...
to figure...
your computer...
has AIDS
well, a virus.

i dont think it does. i ran AVG and spybot. and it isnt acting up like a virus would make it.
Install a spyware scanner like seek & destroy. Spyware can really take up much of your computers resources.
Quote by p o e
lmfao man thats so sick and depraved and yet funny all at once

my hats off to you IbanezSA160, you have embodied the Pit into one little poem
Quote by IbanezSA160
Install a spyware scanner like seek & destroy. Spyware can really take up much of your computers resources.

i have spybot.

i really dont need a virus/spyware scanner. i think just something to fix problems in the computer.
Hit it. its how I solve all my problems.

On a more serious note try checking for spyware. One program isn't enough to get all the spyware. Try downloading Superanti spyware. And also delete your cached data.

And also, it just might be windows
sorry, but what exactly is ubuntu?

I've heard it's like Linux, anyone enlighten me?

Oh yeah, on topic, try some other AV's, zone alarm basic's free, and try fiddling with the settings in CCleaner, I have a different program which does the same job, and there is a rapid setting and a full setting, try running the full setting. Also try uninstalling all your useless s***, WoW being a prime example (3GB??) Get CS:S instead. If all that fails, a RAM upgrade may benecessary, or in the case of my old computer, which had 2GB RAM, was still very slow, It was the processor, so that could be the problem.
Quote by CLVPX
sorry, but what exactly is ubuntu?

I've heard it's like Linux, anyone enlighten me?

Oh yeah, on topic, try some other AV's, zone alarm basic's free, and try fiddling with the settings in CCleaner, I have a different program which does the same job, and there is a rapid setting and a full setting, try running the full setting. Also try uninstalling all your useless s***, WoW being a prime example (3GB??) Get CS:S instead. If all that fails, a RAM upgrade may benecessary, or in the case of my old computer, which had 2GB RAM, was still very slow, It was the processor, so that could be the problem.

i dont like counter strike.

annnnnd i was thinking of selecting the other settings in ccleaner but im afraid to. i dont want them to delete important files or anything
these are the settings i was afraid to select. do you think they would help? or will they make things worse?

i usually press ctrl+alt+dlt and end most of the processes(not programs) running. Some of them I can't end but it still speeds up my computer 200%(not exagerrating)
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Quote by MedicreDemon
i usually press ctrl+alt+dlt and end most of the processes(not programs) running. Some of them I can't end but it still speeds up my computer 200%(not exagerrating)

interesting, i'll give that a try.
Quote by BLS_ftw
interesting, i'll give that a try.

if you have windows there's one called explorer.exe, don't end it. Any system processes that have all capital letters do not end.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
I'd just wipe it out and re-install Windows. Or Ubuntu like some guy said. Even if there isn't any actual spyware or viruses, most Windows installs just get really slow after a coulpla years. I'm using a fresh install of Windows 98 on a 9-year-old computer and it runs like a dream.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
yeah, in the bar that says who started it, only end ones started by users, none with system. If you have iTunes then there's annoying one called iTunes Helper or something, ending that always drastically increases my resources. Also, I'm not to sure about any of those extra settings, perhaps reading about them in Help might tell you what and what not do enable. I do know that Prefetch is important, but I dunno if old prefetch files are significant.
Quote by Wayward_Son
I'd just wipe it out and re-install Windows. Or Ubuntu like some guy said. Even if there isn't any actual spyware or viruses, most Windows installs just get really slow after a coulpla years. I'm using a fresh install of Windows 98 on a 9-year-old computer and it runs like a dream.

how can i get windows xp for free so i can reinstall it?
and does anyone know what i can do to make WoW stop having so many annoying glitches.
^^Your computer should have come with some sort of recovery disk or recovery partition. Look for the CD/DVD or read the manual. If not, you could probably get it on Bittorrent or some other kind of peer-to-peer.
Would you do it?

Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
^Haha, yes. Probably should've warned you... You'll need to back up anything you need to keep first. If you don't, it will be gone forever.
Would you do it?

Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?