Okay, my guitar starts being dirty to the lack of attention I gave it recently. On the neck, under the strings, there's some dark-brownish dirt. It's really is below the strings as you can see it "follows" the string. It's hard to explain, I took a picture but it won't upload for some reason, but I'm sure you guys know what I mean. Basicly I'm wondering what I should use to clean it, without damaging the wood. And speaking of cleaning my guitar, should I also clean my pick-ups and my bridge? If so, what should I use ?

And another off-topic question. 2 of my tuning pegs are getting loose. Should I tighten em up?

Thanks
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

Go to you local guitar store and get some cleaner, and if your asking whether or not you should tighten them it probably means you don't really know how to, so just ask someone at the guitar store about it when you get your cleaner.

that brown stuff is the combo of oils and moisture forming on your strings causing them to corrode. note* it is not safe to eat.
Quote by apm505
Go to you local guitar store and get some cleaner, and if your asking whether or not you should tighten them it probably means you don't really know how to, so just ask someone at the guitar store about it when you get your cleaner.

that brown stuff is the combo of oils and moisture forming on your strings causing them to corrode. note* it is not safe to eat.

About the tuning pegs, it looks rather simple. Wouldn't you just have to tighten the octogonal-shaped part? As for the cleaner, how much does it cost .

EDIT: Eating that stuff wasn't my intention, really
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

yeah, just tighten the screws, and as for the cleaner, a bout 5-10 dollars depending on which one you get.
Quote by NGD1313
I cen lyk spel reel gud. I came n 2nd n da spelling b, sum dumb 4en kid beet meh.
get eh yellow dunlop stuff, i think it's around 5 bucks, and it'll last you a LONG time, even if it's like ten bucks, it's still worth it, use it everytime you change your strings, aside from cleaning it also helps protect your fretboard from cracking or such or bad things
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
murphy's oil! thats what I use. and, you can use it on cabinets or chairs or tables or any wood furniture
Quote by Natrone
I'm a pretty hardcore Christian. I would like to sincerely apologize that you ran into that little fucktard

Quote by mystique facade
dale-banez made a fool of himself..lol

my gear:

oh wait, no one cares
to answer all your questions: YES

Get some fretboard cleaner (you should be able to buy some at your nearest guitar store). It also depends on the wood your fret board is made from. If it's maple, then just use some microfiber cloth and some dust off. Maple = bad with fret board cleaner ( I think it warps the neck or something, though I know its bad since on the back of the bottle I have of fretboard cleaner it states in the warning label not to use on maple necks). So yeah, dust off is also a key to cleaning your guitar. It can fit in those tight spaces where you can fit a cloth.

Good luck!

(by the way dust off is a brand of "air in a can")
Quote by DreamFactory
to answer all your questions: YES

Get some fretboard cleaner (you should be able to buy some at your nearest guitar store). It also depends on the wood your fret board is made from. If it's maple, then just use some microfiber cloth and some dust off. Maple = bad with fret board cleaner ( I think it warps the neck or something, though I know its bad since on the back of the bottle I have of fretboard cleaner it states in the warning label not to use on maple necks). So yeah, dust off is also a key to cleaning your guitar. It can fit in those tight spaces where you can fit a cloth.

Good luck!

(by the way dust off is a brand of "air in a can")

I just read on my guitar, and it's a maple neck. So from what you said, I should just use a dust off can and a cloth and it will do the job? And speaking of dust off, will the can I use for my computer work for my guitar too?

Edit: And by microfiber, you mean? A simple cloth for dishes for example?
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

Last edited by Spike6sic6 at Nov 3, 2007,