Mr.Clean Pedal

Mr.Clean Pedal Schematic

The schematic shows a 100pF cap being used as a treble bypass.

I was wondering if I could use a 100uF capacitor instead of a 100pF capacitor. Wouldn't it make more sense?

I need some professional advise on this.
Im a drummer, not a guitarist!
no. if u use 100uF, it won't even be a treble bypass. 100uF would be way too big, letting all the signal, not only the treble pass the pot. the result is, its just a signal not even attenuated.

edit: u mean this one right? http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/v/DRAGONFLY-LAYOUTS_0/album19/album145/CLEAN_MACHINE_LAYOUT_CORRECT_001.gif.html
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
OK thanks. One more question, this will out a lite gain effect right?
Last edited by manmadedrummer at Nov 3, 2007,
? it's just a volume control inside a pedal... it won't boost at all. it attenuates the signal.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
OK. I'm sorry I ask a lot of questions. I'm a newbie at electronics.

The original website where I found it isn't up anymore, but they called it, "Mr.Clean Dirty Pedal"
Quote by manmadedrummer
OK. I'm sorry I ask a lot of questions. I'm a newbie at electronics.

The original website where I found it isn't up anymore, but they called it, "Mr.Clean Dirty Pedal"

It's the same as rolling down the volume on your guitar, there's no active electronics hence there cannot be any boost at all.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Just wondering. How would I wire this up to fit my 3 prong toggle switch (THe kind in the picture below) instead.

i gotta got mixed up.

The switch I have only has 3 prongs so instead of having 6, like the one in the schematic.

Example picture below:

(A quick picture I put together in paint)
*Notice how mine only has three. How would I wire the Mr. Clean schematic up to a switch like mine.

kill switch. only thing I can think of.
GEAR:
Epiphone LP special model 2 (Heavily modded - killswitch and custom midi X-Y touch pad).
Digitech Whammy, Zvex Fuzz Factory, Boss Dynamic Wah, Electro harmonix Little Big Muff, Zoom G7.1ut, Digitech Grunge, Korg KP2.
Marshall AVT 50x
For the Mr. Clean schematic, What could I use instead of a 100pF capacitor? Any ideas?

I was possibly thinking of a 1uF even thought thats a little too much.
Quote by batboy61490
Well, im just curious, are there any effects that just take 3 prongs?

You can switch any (well, most) effect with a SPDT (on-on) (three prong) switch, but I can't recommend it. It doesn't fully disconnect the effect, so it still messes with your sound (you won't hear the effect, but it will suck treble).
Quote by batboy61490
For the Mr. Clean schematic, What could I use instead of a 100pF capacitor? Any ideas?

I was possibly thinking of a 1uF even thought thats a little too much.

You don't really need that cap, but it will help retain treble as you lower the volume. You could just do without.
I'm just curious, would there be an easy way to add fuzz to this?

Or, if possible, any other effect?

*A schematic could be helpful
yes. youc an make a fuzz, then put a cap across two lugs of the volume knob. it's the same effect with a fuzz pedal.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
google fuzz central, look on axis silicon fuzz.

it has a volume pot, and add a 100pF capacitor across the input and output lugs of the potentiometer JUST like the mr clean pedal on the top of this thread.

if you don't get it from there, u got lot more reading and research to do.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
^ Why would you bump something from February? Why?

Anyhoo, as discussed in this thread already, it doesn't boost your signal. It attenuates it, just like your guitar's volume. It'll make your tone less distorted.
I have last quick question. For this layout.

Is there anyway I can replace the 3PDT switch with just a regular DPDT stompswitch?

How would I go about wiring it I mean.

Thanks for the help!!!