im auditioning for a band on monday

the vocalist says they play in c sharp
how do i tune to this

my tuner only does little degre symbols

so ex c c' thats it so how would i tune?

im going to try and learn one of theyre songs too but i need a tab

http://www.myspace.com/cultureofviolence1

for anyone who can help with that
its never forgive, never forget

and the intros to the other two if possible
Quote by Kensai
Girls don't have to do anything to be good in bed. If she's got a pulse she's automatically an 8.

Online tuner FTW.

If they tune in C# Standard, just tune your low string to C#, then use the fifth fret method to pull all the rest in line.
but is that what C with the little degree symbol next to it is?

EDIT:
Quote by SystemOVADown
Don't say "retarted", retard
i was gonna say gay tuner figured id be better off with retarted
Quote by Kensai
Girls don't have to do anything to be good in bed. If she's got a pulse she's automatically an 8.

wtf? why tune down? all he saying is that they play in the KEY of C sharp? that dosn't have anything to do with tuning?
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
Quote by aeon20k

EDIT: i was gonna say gay tuner figured id be better off with retarted

Maybe. What tuner do you have? This is why I suggested an online tuner. Go to some site that plays different notes, or use guitar pro or something, to play a C#. Then just tune down your low string to match that by ear.

Or:

Downtuning for dummies: Fret the low E string at the 8th fret. Downtune until the 8th fret sounds the same as your open A string. Then use the normal fith fret method.
Last edited by Vermintide at Nov 3, 2007,
If you need to play in the key of C sharp, then you should know that or you're a bad musician. Find out elsewhere I can't be bothered to type out a tonne of theory.

If it's to do with tuning, get a better tuner. I have one which you put of the machinehead of the guitar and it picks up the vibrations, then tells you what note you're playing and how sharp/flat it is. And it's extremely accurate. Buy one of those, they're only £15-20 ($30?) and they're a life-saver when down-tuning quickly.

If you can't get one of those yet, see if the rest of the band have tuners? Or learn to tune by ear? It's not hard to do, you'll start to remember what the notes sound like pretty quickly.

EDIT FOR A GREAT SOLUTION: Tune the A string down from standard tuning to F# (the 2nd fret of the E string) by ear, then tune all the others by that.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Last edited by break-me-in at Nov 3, 2007,
are you sure he meant they use C# tuning or if they jst meant there in the key of C#
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
Quote by aeon20k

Why not just "Help With Tunning"?
www.uk.myspace.com/cultureofviolence1

its tuned down im sure

and im not bad at tuning just never tuned that low i sualy dont play lower than d
Quote by Kensai

Quote by aeon20k

He meant it's spelt retarded. If you can't see the difference, you truly are retarded.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
by degree symbol i mean like a little 0 above the letter il just assume its # not b then
Quote by Kensai

Quote by aeon20k
i was gonna say gay tuner figured id be better off with retarted
It's spelled retarded.

And C# is one and a half steps down.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
I think the TS means that his tuner doesn't display the "#" symbol but only a little apostrophe after the letter. I think it's supposed to mean sharp but I suggest tuning one of the E strings to C# and doing all the others according to that one.
Quote by BLOBERT
BRO
dude dont waste your time with that band there not that good and trust me im really open to music and i take into account recording equipment and there recordings sound good but seriously dude dont waste your time with that band they dont have very good anything
really they sound decent remember im replacin a guitarist so the music would change but i agre if you say the vocals arent that good

they sound like a mix of nu metal and industrial

and need a kick in the ass guitar wise
Quote by Kensai

The vocals in your band remind me of Serj Tankian. Not his voice, but just the style, if you know what I mean.
Quote by Led_Zeppelin992
The vocals in your band remind me of Serj Tankian. Not his voice, but just the style, if you know what I mean.

yeah il have to mention that it would be a good new direction as well as the guitar tuning up oh btw its drop c he was mistaken i guess

so it cgcfad
i can deal with that

anyways thanks all for the help (And Criticism)
Quote by Kensai