Firstly, take in consideration I play in Drop C. I messed around with my action quite a while ago. As I started playing again recently, I noticed the sound on the highest strings sounds weird(mostly the 1st to 3rd). I also believe these strings are closer to the bridge pick up then the lowest strings. I expect this to come from me adjusting the action in the past, but I'm unsure. Also, I get some fret buzz on the lowest string sometimes, specially when I'm alternate picking it opened. From my guesses, it's the action, but not wanting to mess it up more, I'm asking.

Also, I cannot see the truss rod on my guitar(Ibanez GAX70). But again, there's a tightened plate just after the nut, and I'm suspecting the rod to be under it. Could the rod be the source of my problem?

Leave advices please. It's much appreciated
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

Same thing happend to me. It could be the rod, or it could be the strings themselves. When I had the buzz I thought it was the rod and it bothered me after awhile (at the time I was playing in drop C too), and when I tuned up, I found out that it was just the strings making the buzzy sound somewhere around the nut, which totally struck me as odd.

Good luck!
There are so many things it could be. It may the action at the bridge, but it could also be the action at the nut. If it's the nut, I think you'd have to adjust the truss rod (I'm not entirely sure though). And yes. the truss rod is under the cover you think it is.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Quote by DreamFactory
Same thing happend to me. It could be the rod, or it could be the strings themselves. When I had the buzz I thought it was the rod and it bothered me after awhile (at the time I was playing in drop C too), and when I tuned up, I found out that it was just the strings making the buzzy sound somewhere around the nut, which totally struck me as odd.

Good luck!

Well yeah my strings were definatly a problem too, so I removed them. Doing so I notice the things in my other topic(about cleaning), so I was thinking of cleaning it. And about the strings, if you want the story, I asked my parents for new strings last Christmas, they gave me 3 packs. I put one at the time, and I stopped guitar slowly(which I obviously regret). Now I got back on it a month or two ago, and I was still using them(until today, when I remembered having 2 other packs waiting for me). All that to say, they were quite outdated. I'm thinking cleaning my fretboard is gonna help the sound too, so I'll update you after re-stringing.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

Depending on how new your guitar is, what kind it is, and stuff. It could be the frets themselves. My friend had the same problem with his Epiphone, because he wore down the frets so badly that it started to make his guitar buzz. You could check that out.

Good Luck!
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300