So I got my new Valveking 112 today and I have a few questions. First of all, I would like to know some decent settings for playing classic rock and settings to get a nice clean sound. Second, there are 2 buttons on the back of the amp, Texture control and Resonance, what are they for? (noob question I know). And last, theres a switch on the lead channel of the amp that says volume under it and it doesn't do anything when I press it, whats that for? Thanks in advance.
Quote by ToffeeandApples
You my friend, put the pwn in pwnt.

Hell Yeah
Doesn't the manual explain all of that? Check the manual, and if you still can't figure it out, let me know since I have one too. I just don't feel like explaining it all if you have the manual. Also, your volume boost should give the volume a noticeable boost, if it doesn't, it may be broken. The only time it won't do anything is when the foot pedal is attached, then you need to press int he volume button AND the second button on the footswitch.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Sid McCall
Doesn't the manual explain all of that? Check the manual, and if you still can't figure it out, let me know since I have one too. I just don't feel like explaining it all if you have the manual. Also, your volume boost should give the volume a noticeable boost, if it doesn't, it may be broken. The only time it won't do anything is when the foot pedal is attached, then you need to press int he volume button AND the second button on the footswitch.

For some reason mine didn't come with a manual
Quote by ToffeeandApples

Hell Yeah
Honestly, the best thing to do is just muck around with it and find stuff out for yourself. If you ask someone how to do something from the off without trying yourself you'll usually happily accept what they tell you, even if it's wrong.

There's nothing you can do drastically wrong*, experiment and figure out what the different knobs do and how they affect the sound.

*well, apart from scooping the mids....
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
that's strange

Well I have the VK 212.

There 2 button for the lead channel are:

volume boost: which makes it louder.
gain boost: which makes the sound hotter

The 2 buttons for the clean channel are a:

Bright switch: basically a treble boost
channel changing switch: changing what channel you are (duh)

Then there's 2 dampening knobs (atleast for mine):

the resonance: acts like a speaker dampener, it controls how "wolfy" your sound is
the presence: adds cut and immediacy to your sound

Then if I'm not mistaken on the back there should be one knob and a button:

the AB/A switch: controls how modern you want your sound. AB for more a more distorted modern sound. A for an overdriven vintage sound.

Tight/loose button. It's supposed to change how the speaker bass sounds. Tight sounds like it's a closed back amp with tighter bass. Loose like it's an open back (which it is) with looser bass.

And for settings?

it took me a long time to get comfortable tweaking this.

but it all depends on what buttons you leave pressed, and knobs you have turned that gives you your sound. I'll let someone else enlighten you on it. But it gets everything from country to jazz to rock to power metal.
Leader of The Cult of Echoes, for those who believe 23 min. of Pink Floyd Epicness just isn't enough.

Pm Alex the Red if you're interested

I'm a member I Pignose Amps Club. PM Woodenbanman if your interested.
Would the fact that it seems like the volume switch isn't making a difference have anything to do with having the amp turned down low?
Quote by ToffeeandApples

Hell Yeah
Quote by ibanezrg350ex
Would the fact that it seems like the volume switch isn't making a difference have anything to do with having the amp turned down low?

I thought that too, it didn't seem to make any difference at all to me when i played it first,
Should it be more noticable cranked? I havnt actually tried the volume boost up loud yet, probably should have lol, hopefully its not faulty

and the tight/loose button is only on the combo's right?
My Gear:
Jackson RR3 + Bill Lawrence L500XL

Sennheiser EW500 Wireless
T-bone EWS wireless
IbanezTS9
MXR 6Band EQ
Ibanez WD7
Decimator

Peavey VK100
Epiphone ValveJunior
Kustom Quad100DFX 2x12
MicroCube!
Marshall 1960A 4 x 12
tight loose is only on the 112 version.

So yeah what do you guys think of the Valveking?

I personally like it although I really wish I had enough money to get the head version with a nice Marshal 1960 cab (I'm envious of you Ianguitargod).

It has all the sounds I need, I just wish I had gotten the head or the 112. The 212's a b*tch to carry around. 60 pounds of amp to lug around to my drummer's garage every week.
Leader of The Cult of Echoes, for those who believe 23 min. of Pink Floyd Epicness just isn't enough.

Pm Alex the Red if you're interested

I'm a member I Pignose Amps Club. PM Woodenbanman if your interested.
^ +1

now that I think of it, that's where I read about my amp, since I bought it used...
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
For settings, mine's
Gain 10
Gain boost ON
Volume boost ON
Bass 10
Mids 0
Treble 9
Reverb 0

It's on the Tight setting and I've got it a quarter way towards A/B

This is actually the suggested setting from the manual and it sounds great.
For metal on mine, gain boost on, gain 11'oclock, bass around 2'oclock, middle 3 oclock, and treble rolled back to 10 o'clock
for more settings, search: the ultimate settings thread.
Half Man, Half Bearpig! I am Super Sereal!

Quote by jravolta
Every time the Jonas Brothers play, an innocent in Darfur is killed.

lol diversity in UGers:

Quote by i have to pee
I am not 12, but my sack is still hairless.

Quote by magnum1117
my balls are hairy as chewbacca's...
Quote by Renka
For settings, mine's
Gain 10
Gain boost ON
Volume boost ON
Bass 10
Mids 0
Treble 9
Reverb 0

Mids 0 eh? Good luck with that.
WTLTL 2011
Quote by Renka
For settings, mine's
Gain 10
Gain boost ON
Volume boost ON
Bass 10
Mids 0
Treble 9
Reverb 0

I imagine that'd be pretty disgusting....

For metal, try Gain up high with the boost on, Bass 6, Mid 8, Treble 6. Tight and totally A/B.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
for more settings, search: the ultimate settings thread.

I dont find that thread very helpful... It is different for every amp/pedal so amp specific settings are actually really helpful like in this thread (I have a valveking 112)
Quote by MrCarrot
I imagine that'd be pretty disgusting....

For metal, try Gain up high with the boost on, Bass 6, Mid 8, Treble 6. Tight and totally A/B.

This is just me, but if the Mids go over 2, I'm out of there.
Quote by Renka
This is just me, but if the Mids go over 2, I'm out of there.
Fail boat for you.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
if you want a classic rock or clean sound...MIDS ARE ESSENTIAL!!! Scooped mids are dreadful sounding, bosted mids give you a nice glassy fat sound
My Strat/Modded '69 RI Mustang
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
Fender Blues Jr. [JJ Power Tubes, White Grille, Warehouse Speakers Greenback Clone]
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild