To cut a long story short, my grandmother went to do some shopping today. Simple shopping I could have done for her, but didn't since she didn't ask and I wasn't really paying attention.

She fell, and got a tear in her hip. She has to spend the night in the hospital and it will probably be a while before she can stand, let alone walk again.

Now I'm thinking I should have done the shopping for her, since its a lot easier for me to do, than it is for her and I feel guilty it didn't occur to me.

Should I feel guilty about this?
WTLTL 2011
Nope. The fact you didn't think of something is not your fault, or forgetting it.

I for one have very bad memory...*looks at his passport to remember what his name was*
Quote by SmElLy KiD
That is priceless man, you might be my new idol.

TS, whenever I see your username, I misread it as "isuckhardcocks."

Just had to get that out there.

We're ticking away, the moments that make up the dull days
Why are you asking if you should feel guilty? If we say yes will you magically start to beat yourself over it?

What you feel is what you feel, it wasn't directly you're fault, but at least now you know how to be a better grandchild. Don't be a prick next time and help the lady out.

If you don't naturally feel guilty, than don't. It's a waste of time anyways.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
I felt guity once, but she woke up half-way through

heh
family guy
I play a guitar strung with Yngwie's chest hair
speculation fot the not win

suppose you did, and i never read this thread, and went downstirs instead of replying, and fell down the stairs and died. should you feel guilty for undermining your grandma's independance, and indirectly killing me? i thinks not

dont stress, make it up to her if you want be nice or something

hope she gets well soon though

Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
yes. feel guilty. the guilt will build up within you, driving you to kill your grandmother and then yourself.
i say Of
you say A
i say Revolution
and you say jah

In loving memory of that damn game of poker

Private first class of the bass militia, PM Nutter_101 to join!
stevo, i hope that its a joke that you happened to spell grammar incorrectly in your sig....

EDIT: oh lmao i just went and looked at it. im joining that for sure
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
Last edited by Shredder Guitar at Nov 3, 2007,
Aw man, that sucks. I would feel pretty terrible, but don't feel guilty for it. Just be a bit more mindful the next time.
Who dat?
shredder, you've made my day!

4 whole members!

i think it really picked up when i changed the link from one line in the bottom, to the entire sig....and in massive letters lol
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
I'm joining too!
Quote by SmElLy KiD
That is priceless man, you might be my new idol.

TS, whenever I see your username, I misread it as "isuckhardcocks."

Just had to get that out there.

We're ticking away, the moments that make up the dull days
You shouldn't feel guilty, It wasn't your fault. I am sure if you told your grandmother that you feel its your fault she would tell you that it isn't. If you are still feeling bad, maybe you could make a get-well-soon card for her.
You shouldn't feel guilty if she didn't ask, but if she had asked you if you could do it, then you should feel guilty.
Quote by BHC zoley
I felt guity once, but she woke up half-way through

heh
family guy

You can't make a Quagmire joke without "OHH!" or "giggity giggity goo" (the "alright!" is optional in most cases.)

In essence, you fail.
SPACE FOR RENT
You'll feel guilty no matter what we say, it proves that you're a nice guy. We all have little moments where we didn't think or didn't consider something important - sure, it would have been easier for you to do, but there's absolutely nothing saying she wouldn't have fallen over at home, or had another accident. You didn't refuse to do it for her or forget about it after she asked, it was just bad luck. Don't beat yourself up over it.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Kudos to x_thurston_x
He somehow comments on every thread with something valuable to say.
I highly enjoy his posts.
*Claps*
I automatically pay attention to him and Jack Off Jill.

P.S. Please don't sig that, I'm already in your sig, I dont wanna seem like a stalker..

Edit: But on subject, I felt really guilty once. I was on the bus walking down the isle to the bin at the front when this little girl felt and got her chocolate yogurt all over her head. All the kids laughed at her and I just kinda looked, and kept walking.
..I should've helped her.
Quote by metacarpi
t3gan? Coming to the UK?

*smooths mair and straightens shirt*

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
t3gan and Bec > Tegan and Sara.
Last edited by t3gan at Nov 3, 2007,
I'm going to give her a visit later today. I do know that I'll be doing the shopping from now on, just to make sure this doesn't happen again. It should also ease up my guilt a bit.
WTLTL 2011
Quote by x_thurston_x
Why are you asking if you should feel guilty? If we say yes will you magically start to beat yourself over it?

I think he just wants peoples opinions on this, rather than getting them to decide for him. It's an open discussion really.

I would feel really bad about it and slight "what if..." guilt would occur. But I would take something from the situation at hand and be more aware and considerate.

I hope she gets well soon!
nope, most elderly people would finding it insulting if you offered, because its like saying that their senile and all tha palava
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.
Quote by isuckhardcore
Nope. The fact you didn't think of something is not your fault, or forgetting it.

I for one have very bad memory...*looks at his passport to remember what his name was*

Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
The fact that your asking the pit if you should feel guilty means you should not feel guilty because you care even thought it was not your fault. Atleast your not one of those people who scream at their grandparents when they ask them to do a simple chore
dont feel guilty, but if you still do just tell her how sorry you are and the guilt should go away
Quote by death101
ok heres the very sad deal i was wondering if there was any girls who love guitar and music
on here who live in california who are willing to go out with me