can you listen to yourself play, AND a backing track, on headphones?

lately, i've been getting home late, and want to diddle around, but i'd rather not wake up others. i have a headphone jack on both my amp and pc, and was hoping to be able to play along with backing tracks. any help?
depends on your amp mostly, i have a spider III and i can hook my ipod up to it and play along while going throw studio headphones
three years
My Gear:
Esp Ec-1000 trans blue
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
BC Rich Bronze Series Warlock
Yamaha F310
Crate V18
metal muff with top boast
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt Amp
Ernie Ball Slinkys
Monster cable
Jazz III Picks
run your amp into the the line in of your computer, then mix the levels appropriately with the computers volume control, it wont sound great but you will be able to practice that way.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
If you have audio input jacks on your amp and a special cable that'll hook an mp3 player up with audio input (two of red, white, and yellow-can't remember which is video), then yes.
have one headphone on one ear, another on the other.
itll sound odd but will work
2 ducks and a rabbi walk into a bar.
The rabbi enjoys a nice drink and the ducks are shooed out so that health services aren't called in.
The day proceeds as normal.
what i do, is i put bud earphones underneath regular headphones. It works pretty well actually if you get the volumes right.
Quote by jpx52
what i do, is i put bud earphones underneath regular headphones. It works pretty well actually if you get the volumes right.

That's exactly what I do. I use my Ipod and its in ear headphones so I cna hear the song and overtop I use those bigger headphones (I dont know the proper terms) plugged into my amp.
get two sets of ear buds put one set into the computer and the other set into ur amp and take one bud from each set and put them in different ears