Okay i went to Music 6 and played a few.

I found an Ibanez GAX30 for 169.99

Hohner TB2 for 239.99 ( which is about my price range )

I played the Hohner, it was pretty nice, of course is that because i have a CRAP amp? List price for the hohner was 600 bucks. Is it any good or bad?

Also, about the ibanez, anything about it?

Now I would trade in my guitar or something to get an amp, they had a pretty nice 60$ amp that had good tone.

This is the hohner, or close to it, in blue.

Ibanez

So.. are they good? worth buying? other?
The ibanez is actually really nice, especially for the price.
Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Peavey Classic 50

The hohner looks great, but what amp do you have? I would look at upgrading your amp first then getting a guitar, your in england, so maybe an Orane or a laney?
Gear.
Peters Chimaira tube amp
Harley Benton 2xv30's
IbanezS470(evo,paf)
Jackson dinky select series USA
ESP LTD EC1000VB
MI audio boostnbuff+crunchbox
Carbon copy MXR + smart gate
Amp = from walmart. sadly yes but im 14 so.. what can you expect? its CRAP. And TBH i think so aswell but my guitar that I have right now, its bridge is broken and my high e string is screwed up ( the bridge part ) so I really need a new one.
The Ibanez is very nice. My friend owned that black one for the better part of two years. It lasted long and he never had problems with it. I've never played a Hohner before. But yeah, you cant really go wrong with that Ibanez.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
And yeah, I would definately upgrade that amp asap. No offense.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
yea I know, but dont you think I should do the guitar first? apparently its a good deal for 170$ for the nez
Quote by MxPxPanic
well im gonna buy the nez GAX30 tomorrow.. hope im not doin somethin wrong

sounds fine to me
Rap is music too. It is just another evolution of the medium. Don't be a douche and say it isn't.
:] Is it a good rock guitar though? like if i got a decent amp. im ready to go wtih my OD pedal
its going to sound the same as whatever guitar you have now....for the most part.
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
So.. I dont understand, whats the deal with getting a les paul instead of some crappy squire ?
I am not sure what you are asking...but the amp is the one that will define the sound, if it was a better amp, then you can tell the difference....I have two guitars and two cheap amps, when I connect one it sounds almost the same as the other connected to the same amp. and the guitars have different pikcups..
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
Quote by MxPxPanic
So.. I dont understand, whats the deal with getting a les paul instead of some crappy squire ?

what he meant was, anything through your amp won't sound too great, and if it's some walmart amp, it won't let the guitar's tone shine through. Maybe upgrade your amp to this http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Valve-Junior-Combo-Amp?sku=480260

that should be a nice upgrade if for most things bar metal, i think.

That could tide you over until you buy a new guitar. It will last a long time too, usually when people have a better amp they mod the hell out of valve juniors. I wish I had bought one..

But yeah, you should probably upgrade your amp first, a guitar made by jesus would sound exactly the same as some random no name guitar found at a pawn shop through that amp..
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
Quote by fifer
I am not sure what you are asking...but the amp is the one that will define the sound, if it was a better amp, then you can tell the difference....I have two guitars and two cheap amps, when I connect one it sounds almost the same as the other connected to the same amp. and the guitars have different pikcups..

Also, the guitars will have different type and quality of wood, which can change the sound as well. Sorry for the double post XD
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
How come its better then the one i have.. if its less watts? and its got like nothing lol.
Quote by MxPxPanic
How come its better then the one i have.. if its less watts? and its got like nothing lol.

It's a tube amp, and your current amp is a solid state. Tube amps sound better, and are also louder at lower wattages. The Valve Junior would probably be louder than the amp you have, and sound a lot better.
Fender VJ? also dont you have to do some sort of special turning it on or wat ever with tube amps?

Also some one read this:

Squire Bullet by fender single humbucker uhh thats all I know about it
Epi Valve Junior
FX pedal

Is that good enough upgrade?