there is probably already a thread on this. ill be the first to tell you to search before you thread. anyways, i got the spider II HD a little over a year ago and havent really liked it. im a marshall man personally, throw some KT88's in there and im in happyville. the spider valve might be an improvement, but not enough for such a big price jump.
ill be the second to tell you to search first, but the first to tell you that to my knowledge it only has a tube pre amp, ergo still sucks. but that may have just been a load of balls
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
ill be the second to tell you to search first, but the first to tell you that to my knowledge it only has a tube pre amp, ergo still sucks. but that may have just been a load of balls

It has both a tube pre and power amp, it was designed by Bogner, I haven't played it, but it doesn't look that bad, I have faith in Bogner.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
There have been lots of threads, one of which I went some what deep on it. I thought it was pretty good, but the MIC construction didn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling, the effects weren't great, and the presets sucked.
I actually played it, some decent tones, i'd love to have it at my house for a week and play around with it. Great idea for them to do. I didn't play it for that that long, but it was fun to play with.
Quote by samerika
is it a modelling amp?

Modeling/all Tube, (tube pre and power amp)
oh i see, i'm not a big fan of modelling amps or effects, i had a pod and didn't liked it, my amp is a modelling amp and i like it, still not a fan of modelling things though.
Looking for a new sig!