And every year my family and friends get together for a big party. It's pretty fun, everyone always dances, singing, getting drunk >_>

Anyway they always bring over the kongas and maracas (spellcheck? <_<

Sooo this year I wanna play guitar when everyones around. Ive only been playing about 5 or 6 months though. And just began chords 2 weeks ago.

My family is puerto rican... so theyre mainly singing and playing spanish stuff and all. I would liek to learn some spanish type songs that use easy chords... but im kinda into heavy metal and such

My question is... what are good simple things to play when my family come over and all? I just want something lively and happy to fit the mood. I was messing around and switching between chords like G major and D major. Just mixing it up with strumming and all, sounds great for what I want =]... but I need variety and more than that. So any ideas on songs or just simple chords that sound happy that I can switch between?
Quote by Supafly1824
^^Hmm.. I dont have an acoustic though

you dont need a acoustic. works with all guitars
Too tired and lazy to bother with a sig, Sorry.
Quote by pix_dement
you dont need a acoustic. works with all guitars
True. Just put your guitar into the clean channel and see how it goes.
Gear :
  • Ibanez PF60S-NT
Playing flamenco on an electric guitar? I don't think that's the best idea.

I'd say if you're just going to play around, learn some chord-based songs of popular spanish songs. Something that everyone would know. Figure out the chords and rhythm, and next thing you know, your intoxicated uncle will be singing along =p

Or you could always play some Santana. "Smooth", "Maria Maria", "Black Magic Woman". I can guarantee someone in your family will recognize one of those songs.

Like "Smooth." (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpX97eg-W-k) That'll definitely liven up the party if you can have one person playing the rhythm, you playing the electric guitar fills/solo, and everyone singing at the same time. Hey, I might do that now..
^^^Good Santana tunes, but Samba Pa Ti will score you way more points, trust me. It's a melodic tune, so it even sounds good without a backing track.
Quote by Manny21
Playing flamenco on an electric guitar? I don't think that's the best idea.

I'd say if you're just going to play around, learn some chord-based songs of popular spanish songs. Something that everyone would know. Figure out the chords and rhythm, and next thing you know, your intoxicated uncle will be singing along =p

Or you could always play some Santana. "Smooth", "Maria Maria", "Black Magic Woman". I can guarantee someone in your family will recognize one of those songs.

Like "Smooth." (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpX97eg-W-k) That'll definitely liven up the party if you can have one person playing the rhythm, you playing the electric guitar fills/solo, and everyone singing at the same time. Hey, I might do that now..

Its not actually flamenco. It's Paul Gilberts 'crappy' attempt on flamenco, as he says.
I like "smooth", thats a good suggestion.

Samba pa ti might be a little bit to slow for what im looking for >_>, I migt also try out black magic woman. Any other ideas?