Page 1 of 3
If you were only able to have one guitar and one amp, what would they be?

I would have the guitar i own, my B.C. Rich NT Warlock Guitar and a Line 6 Spider 3 Amp
...line 6 spider 3?

and you can have anything in the world and you pick that?

...alright buddy its your call

i would take...a gibson les paul alpine white and...an orange rockverb 50.
Gear-
Cherry Epiphone SG Special
Vox AD30
Boss DS-1
Id go with the line 6 spider 3 because of the versitility not because its something vintage or anything.
I would have a Gibson SG with an EMG in the bridge and a Duncan in the neck. For an amp, I'd take a 5150 combo.

EDIT: Line 6 Spider 3s are considered crap as far as amps go.
ESP Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Eclipse
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
hell, id take a PRS double cutaway with a mesa boogie triple rectifier full stack
Guitars:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Epiphone SG w/EMG's

Amps:
Peavey Windsor Head w/ JSX Cab
MicroCube (for the sake of practice at college)

Pedals :
Fulltone Full Drive 2 Mosfet
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Crybaby
A Schecter C-1 Classic and a Peavey 5150 Half-stack. Oh wait...I already have those.
It's GANDHI not GHANDI

Quote by lewymcgee
oh yea, stanleybach, what are u like the forum ass hole, stop tryin to ruin all the fun u dick head

Quote by webbtje
Stanleybach fucked a tree. My perversion is nothing.
A guitar shaped like the state of Texas or California. And I guess an amp shaped like Slash's head with the actual speaker part being his mouth.
Guitar-Ibanez Iceman (BKP CS neck, MM Bridge)
Amp- Bogner Uberschall
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
Brian May's Red Special all the way! Since I can dream, I might as well add Spinal Tap's amps that go to 11.
Eric Clapton's blackie and after that i rly dont care cause i have blackie so woot!....i guess a good marshal or something though
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by convictionless
id have a prs sc 250 with a carvin v3 head with sweet mesa cabs

That would probably be my second choice.
It's GANDHI not GHANDI

Quote by lewymcgee
oh yea, stanleybach, what are u like the forum ass hole, stop tryin to ruin all the fun u dick head

Quote by webbtje
Stanleybach fucked a tree. My perversion is nothing.
Guitar: Fender Jazzmaster
Amp: Fender Twin Reverb.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by Breakfast_Rock
Since I can dream, I might as well add Spinal Tap's amps that go to 11.
Dream? Those are real. Hell, you can get amps that go up to 12, 13... 20 even.

Anyway, for me:
Custom shop Gibson LP, weight-relieved mahogany body with a flame maple top, using a mahogany Kramer neck in 24.75" scale but with the Kramer's super Strat 25.5" profile with 22 medium frets and an ebony fretboard (Gibson own Kramer, so this shouldn't be a problem), an original Floyd Rose anchored into the body, three pickups (uncovered Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pro in the neck, uncovered Gibson Burstbucker #2 in the middle, and a covered Gibson Burstbucker #3 in the bridge), 'spin-split' controls for each pickup to be coil split or in full humbucker mode or any combination inbetween.
Finished off in Alpine White which is burst from slightly translucent in the middle to show off the flame maple to solid white at the edges, gold metal hardware (bridge, pickup cover, etc), black plastic hardware (pickguard, mounting rings, etc), gold tuners. Headstock would be painted in solid Alpine White too to match the body. No binding anywhere.

Or, if we can only choose from already made stock guitars... a Kramer Jersey Star (aka Richie Sambora signature reissue). Kind of pointless though since I already have one.

For amp.... I dunno, I don't really care enough about amps to know, and I use my own home-made preamp with everything which effects the final sound more than any amp make ever has so it's kind of irrelevant to me who made the amp or what model it was; my pre-amp makes all of that irrelevant anyway. I would actually prefer a solid state amp though, rather than tube. Longer shelf life, and I've had less SS amps break on me than tube amps. Since the sound of it doesn't matter, it makes little sense for me to use tube.
A Caparison or an Ibanez J-Custom. And I'd have Paul Rivera come to my apartment and buildan amp under my supervision.
lol im actually seriously gonna start saving up for the prs sc-250 and a carvin V3 but probly just get some normal cab not a mesa beucase then the cab would cost more than the head :/ and that would be kinda a waste
Well, id personally go with....

15 Marshall Full stacks
4 Bogner Uberschall Full stacks
and a house full of 3 of every guitar made.

and about 184 cables.
Bogner Überschall
Marshall 1960A
Mesa Standard Rectifier 4x12
Gibson SG Standard
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR
Quote by StiffPick
Well, id personally go with....

15 Marshall Full stacks
4 Bogner Uberschall Full stacks
and a house full of 3 of every guitar made.

and about 184 cables.

Think you missed the Point...

Id go with a Ibanez RGT220A and a Marshall JCM800 3-channel Full Stack.
Quote by david1991

I would have the guitar i own, my B.C. Rich NT Warlock Guitar and a Line 6 Spider 3 Amp

You wouldn't happen to be this kid would you?

edit: and I wound take a Paul Reed Smith Custom 22 through an Orange Rockerverb 50 watt stack.
Last edited by SeveralSpecies at Nov 15, 2007,
I would definitely take a hughes+kettner mark4
And a custom made 24 fret hsh neckthru guitar with a floyd rose and a cherry sunburst finish.

If i have to take a commercial guitar, a PRS 513 rosewood
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by david1991

:ahem:

this isnt a question of "versatility". it's about quality. and that's one department in which the spider is certainly lacking.

please do yourself the favor of playing some decent equipment.
within you lay everything
every key
every secret

untouched and in plain sight
guitar: gibson les paul custom in alpine white with gold hardware

amp: Mesa/Boogie Triple Rectifier Full stack, or an orange rockerverb 100 stack
2008 M.I.A. HSS Strat
Marshall JCM 900 50w Dual Reverb
Rickenbacker 330 + AC30

halfway there...
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
a sunburst es-335 w/ unpotted bkp mules and an orange ad30 head w/ 2x12 cab
Member #4 of The Fulltone Users League
Member #68 of the EHX Users Guild

You Would
A strat that has actually been gigged by Jimi or EC.

Amp...I'll have to think about that one.
2007 Deluxe Lone Star Strat
2004 Standard HSS Strat
1993 American Standard Strat

Peavey Classic 30 (The practice)
Mesa Lonestar Special (The gigger)
1962 fender strat
Marshall jcm800/major/silver jubilee/plexi.
Listen to The Sounds Inside
John Frusciante
Fender American Stratocaster
I'm not really sure on the amp as I haven't researched them as well enough.
Gear :
  • Ibanez PF60S-NT
A vintage strat from the 50s, in good condition (a little roughed up looks The Sex)

An original Marshall Plexi....or an Orange Rockerverb 50 with the Orange 4/12 cab.
david1991 does the 1991 refer to ur birth year? cos then that'll explain why u'd want a spider.

as for me, i'd want a jackson rr1 with a 5150 stack.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
S470DXQM *getting one next year when i have saved enough* and probably a AD50VT XL...heard those amps can handle distortion very well...
Page 1 of 3