Hey people!
I just have one question. Does anyone know any GOOD brand of strings that can take ABUSIVE PICKING and not break or unwrap itself from the core? I just but in a fresh pack of D'addarrio strings last week and yesterday the "G" string unrawaped itself of the core of the string when i was picking it, (i was palm muteing too.) I also put in another set of D'addarios on my guitar yesterday (i bought 3 packs of strings.) So if you know any that are not over $20 tell me. Thanks.
I love my Ernie Ball Super Slinkys theyre great. they bend amazing. i havent had any trouble with them before. 'nuff said
omg thank you! I should've added that i need string that bend easy. But can they stand hard picking attackes?
Ernie ball are alright. What gauge are you after?

Why do they need to be hit so hard?
Quote by kyrreca
If your EQ looks like this your audience will look like this
If they are unwinding with how you hit them you need one of two things

Either - larger gauge,

or

Correct your damn picking technique. It's possible to get a really aggressive sound without even pounding your strings.
GHS has durable strings.
They have a bunch of signature sets too (Eric Johnson, Zakk Wylde, Dave mustaine, etc.).
At a decent price too.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
ernie balls are alright..i use power slinkys .11 they are only good for about a month or so before they start breaking.. not very good for hard picking from my experience.. i'v hear elixirs are better for durability
Quote by musical donkey
cyclobs you are demented..... in a good way
Quote by darkarbiter7
GHS has durable strings.
They have a bunch of signature sets too (Eric Johnson, Zakk Wylde, Dave mustaine, etc.).
At a decent price too.

+1 ^ also try dr there a bit more pricey but well worth it but i would try the ghs and the good thing about them is that you can get 10's but still sound heavy beucase of they type of strings you can get soo no need to file down a nut for heavy gauge
how do you do that? I've got my d'addario's on there for about a month and nothing (not even rust) is on there
Gear:
Fender Jazzmaster
Boss DS-2
Digitech RP150 (with Line6 EX-1 Exp pedal)
Orange Crush 30R

My Youtube Page
Read this!You know you really want to...

I've been using Ernie Balls .10-.52 (Slinky Top, Heavy Bottom: for the last eight or so years.

Good strings, they behave just as nicely when tuned to standard as when tuned a whole step down. Easy to bend, good behaviour with floating trems, pretty durable (Duable enough to last a whole gig with things like a heavy version of Whiskey in the Jar <<not all that dissimilar from Metallica's>>, and that means a HEAVY beating). They feel nice too. Some say they dont last a long time, but it's about a month and a half of heavy playing for me.
Quote by bakk
Hi,
I have been pickin' up some Arabic radio signal things. Every time I turn up my Amp, this crazy Imam starts messing up my chords.

Proud owner of a 1987 Kramer Baretta I w/ spider Guitart.
Quote by MetallicGod07
omg thank you! I should've added that i need string that bend easy. But can they stand hard picking attackes?

i use hybrid slinkys (9-46) the top 3 are easy to bend, since theyre (i think light top) and since i dont bend the bottom 3 they are heavy and have a "thicker" sound than the normal 9-42 set.
Half Man, Half Bearpig! I am Super Sereal!

Quote by jravolta
Every time the Jonas Brothers play, an innocent in Darfur is killed.

lol diversity in UGers:

Quote by i have to pee
I am not 12, but my sack is still hairless.

Quote by magnum1117
my balls are hairy as chewbacca's...