Food is great and I'm sure most of you would agree. So, this thread is for the UG Community to share recipe ideas. I think it's a great way to get rid of the question of "what shall I make for dinner tonight"? And for anyone who doesn't cook, just tell us what your favorite homemade meal is. So, from main course to deserts..make our mouths water.
Please, no spamming. Let's try to keep this organized and have some fun.
One box of nails.

One bowl.

Without MILK.
Once you go FLAC, you never go back.
Quote by Jimmyyoung

I actually like it when the macaroni is shaped into something, like scooby-doo or powerpuff girls. I think it tastes better.

I'm not kidding. I think it tastes better, though I'm not sure why.
Let's see, I like making a wonderfull seafood salad with shrimp, scallops, tuna, pink salmon, and onions. Mix with some miracle whip and add in some spices to taste and you have yourself some good eatin'
Quote by prncessdew
You're not Mr. Ratburn Curfue or are you? lol.

However did you know!?

Once you go FLAC, you never go back.
Peanut butter (preferably crunchy), honey, chili powder, white bread. Best sandwich ever.
Two slices of bread, and 1 or 2 tbsp. of Nutella.
Where's that confounded bridge?

Try to realize it's all within yourself
no one else can make you change
And to see you're really only very small
and life flows on within you and without you.
I made hot chicken tonight for my date.

Dissect chicken and clean (the fun part).
Preheat oven to 350º.
Mix equal parts hot sauce and melted butter.
Dip chicken in mixture.
Bake for 1 hour, turning halfway through and adding more sauce as needed.

It was pretty good.

-SD
I don't eat Nutella, too expensive for me. I go for the generic kind that I find at Aldi or something. By the way, Aldi rocks.

I don't cook much, but my mom makes really good Indian/Pakistani food. It's the ****.
Sent from my iPad.
FRIED CHICKEN ^_^

mmkay so you go to the grocery store, and buy some chicken breast, raw, you know in the packaging. Have eggs and flour, a pot and canola/frying oil.

- Take the chicken, rinse it off, and cut it into strips, you know, chicken strips!

- Season the chicken. Sprinkle some seasoned salt, pepper, whatev.

- Get an egg, and break it into a rubbermaid container. Get the chicken and get it all nice and slimy from the egg wash.

Get your pot, put some canola oil in it, and put that mofo on the stove to heat up.

- Get a gallon freezer bag. Put some flour in it, not even a quarter of the way full, because you're just gonna coat the chicken in the flour.

- Yeah, coat the chicken in the flour, then put it in the oil once it's nice and hot.

- Fry up and enjoy!!
Proud Member of the "Shoop da Whoop club"
PM C.C. Deville to join

O _0
/###############
|###############
\###############
Quote by KetchupLad14
I actually like it when the macaroni is shaped into something, like scooby-doo or powerpuff girls. I think it tastes better.

Holy hell, I thought I was the only one! It's like it traps the cheese in better or something. Ha, as a kid I refused to eat macaroni that wasn't shaped.
Quote by KetchupLad14

i understand completely. ive always thought that too.
Quote by happytimeharry
Holy hell, I thought I was the only one! It's like it traps the cheese in better or something. Ha, as a kid I refused to eat macaroni that wasn't shaped.

I can't think of a word to describe it. juicier? Cheesier?
Quote by KetchupLad14
I can't think of a word to describe it. juicier? Cheesier?

Juicer would definitely be the word. Also, I despise it when my macaroni ends up being too mushy due to over cooking and it seemed like the shaped macaroni always ended up perfect. God I could go for some Rugrats macaroni right now...
This will serve 2-3 people

herby potatoes
cooking time: 40 minutes
ingredients
3 medium potatos
1 red onion
mixed herbs
garlic
Olive Oil

method
1. Peel and Cube Potatoes, peel and dice red onion and place into a metal tray with approximately 1cm olive oil
2. Crush garlic and mix with herbs onto potatoes and onions
3. Place in an oven preheated to 200 degrees centigrade and cook for 40 minutes shaking the tray about halfway in order to prevent the potato sticking to the pan
4. Remove from oven and serve with meat/fish of choice i'd recommend chicken with peppers and cherry tomatos method for which is below

Chicken with peppers and cherry tomatos
cooking time: 10 minutes
ingredients
olive oil
2 chicken breasts
8 cherry tomatoes
1 red pepper
1 yellow pepper

method
1. Slice chicken into strips, slice pepper into strips and peel cherry tomatoes
2. fry the chicken in olive oil until cooked through
3. add peppers to pan and fry for 3 minutes
4. add cherry tomatoes and fry for 2 minutes
5. serve with the potatoes.

serve the meal with a nice bottle of wine i reccomend Pinot Grigio.
So for those of you who don't know, quinoa is a super healthy grain that goes really well in soups, salads, and main dishes.
For this recipe you will need the following ingredients:
  • 1 cup quinoa
  • 2 cups water
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 4 teaspoons lime juice
  • 1/4 teaspoon cumin (1/2 tsp if you like it spicy)
  • 1/4 teaspoon coriander (1/2 if you like spicy)
  • 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
  • 2 tablespoons minced scallion
  • 1 15 oz. can of black beans
  • 2 diced tomatoes
  • 1 chopped up red bell pepper
  • 2 teaspoons freshly minced green chiles
  • salt
  • pepper

1. First cook the quinoa: rinse and drain it. place in a 1½ quart sauce pan with 2 cups of water and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook until all the water is absorbed (10-15 minutes).
2. In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, lime juice, cumin, coriander, cilantro, and scallion
3. Stir in the black beans, tomatoes, bell pepper, chiles
4. Add 1 cup of the cooled quinoa, salt and pepper to taste, and mix thoroughly.
5. Enjoy!!
keep on flufflying
Here's a really simple and delicious recipe of my moms for schnitzel, aka breaded chicken breast.

Ingredients:
  • skinless, boneless chicken breast (as much as you want to prepare)
  • mayonaise
  • corn flake crumbs
  • salt
  • pepper
  • (optional) any additional spices you like to add to food

1. Preheat oven to 375° F
2. Grease a baking pan
3. Prepare a (preferably paper/plastic) plate by pouring some of the corn flake crumbs onto it.
4. Rinse off the chicken breasts
5. Cover them in a medium layer (not super thin but not disgustingly thick either) of mayo
6.Then dip the pieces into the bread crumbs until completely covered.
7. Place in baking pan (don't forget to wash your hands well after handling raw chicken). Cover the pan with foil and place it in the oven for 30 minutes.
keeping it covered prevents it from drying out too much. also, to prevent dryness, use "bigger breasts" ... easy to remember, right?
enjoy!!
keep on flufflying
Last edited by A Trace of Doubt at Nov 4, 2007,
-4 Family size bags of Utz potato chips
-One minifridge strategically placed by the couch
-Several beers/sodas/water strategically placed in the fridge

That beats all your dumb ol' cooking.
Quote by SeveralSpecies
-4 Family size bags of Utz potato chips
-One minifridge strategically placed by the couch
-Several beers/sodas/water strategically placed in the fridge

That beats all your dumb ol' cooking.