Oh my! I didn't think there would be many other people who know what nordic skiiing is....I have to explain it to everyone who asks, "No...it's not just forward and backwards on the skiis...it's like skating...."

Although I find nordic skiing to be the hardest sport in the world
I wish we got snow here...
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
Nordic skiing? That's a silly name for it. I'd just call it cross-country... Anyways, being Norwegian, there's no way I couldn't be doing it. I wasn't aware of it being hard, though.
I'm a communist. Really.
I just looked outside my window, and there's no snow. So you're obviously lying about this whole thing.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by civildp1
I just looked outside my window, and there's no snow. So you're obviously lying about this whole thing.

Are you from alaska? I drove up to Hatchers Pass with APU ski program this morning noob.
Quote by Raziel2p
Nordic skiing? That's a silly name for it. I'd just call it cross-country... Anyways, being Norwegian, there's no way I couldn't be doing it. I wasn't aware of it being hard, though.

Nordic was the original name

And its definately hard. You have to be in TOP physical shape, and practice your ass off to have the right technique. You need to be aerobically fit and strong as hell.
Quote by Say Ocean
Are you from alaska? I drove up to Hatchers Pass with APU ski program this morning noob.

Your sarcasm detector broke. Wait...maybe mine did too.

I wish I could participate in this, but I don't really have the chance/time/skill.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Last edited by terrencemaddox at Nov 4, 2007,
Quote by Say Ocean
Nordic was the original name

And its definately hard. You have to be in TOP physical shape, and practice your ass off to have the right technique. You need to be aerobically fit and strong as hell.

Never heard that name. Oh well. How long have you been skiing? Or rather, how old were you when you started? It's part of the culture in nordic countries - here in Norway kids learn to ski before they learn to ride bicycles. Or used to back in the 90s, at least. I think there's much less of it these days...
I'm a communist. Really.
Quote by terrencemaddox
Your sarcasm detector broke. Wait...maybe mine did too.

I wish I could participate in this, but I don't really have the chance/time/skill.

Sometimes sarcasm is hard to detect over teh interwebz Usually my sar-dar is spot on
Oh, that'd explain it :P What's your coach's name? For all I know he might be known.
I'm a communist. Really.
Quote by Say Ocean
Sometimes sarcasm is hard to detect over teh interwebz Usually my sar-dar is spot on

I know man. I was just messing around.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.