Another GH thread, just had a question for everyone.

Did anyone actually beat lou (last boss) on expert difficulty?

i was just wondering because i must have tried over 100 times and i can't beat it. i just decided to beat it on hard to unlock dragonforce, but i was curious to see if anyone actually beat lou on expert.
I can't beat it on hard

It's so damn tough.
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
just get a whammy attack and use it when he gets the string of greens
[IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y5/Fuzzycows5157/canada.bmp[/IMG]
Quote by Dimebag22
I can't beat it on hard

It's so damn tough.

i was so close to beating him on expert once, i got him all the way down to where his rock meter was blinking red, and then i failed because i had missed some notes on my side.

the trick is, if i'm correct, to send like 3 powerups at him at the same time so it'll screw him up way bad and he'll fail. if you only send one at a time, he'll go into the yellow usually and then come right back up to the green.

now even though i know the trick, i haven't beaten him yet because you have to pretty much get every powerup they send at you, and he can send them back at you.
Quote by Fuzzycows5157
just get a whammy attack and use it when he gets the string of greens

you mean that one part where he tremolo picks the green notes in the devil's solo?
My Rig:

Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Classic (Deep Sea Green)
Jackson DK2M Snow White Edition
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 212
Roland Microcube

RIP Kevin Robert Swerdfiger
September 15 1991 - May 16 2008
alright, i beat the game on expert the other day! first try (on that day), i used the whammy attack when he had the string of green notes.
Quote by Dimebag22
I can't beat it on hard

It's so damn tough.

We're in the same boat, apparently.

The.
Quote by Megalomaniac16
I still can't beat riegn in blood or one....

with one, you have to save your star power for fast solo A (if that's the part you're stuck on), and with raining blood, it depends on what part you're stuck on. let me know, and i'll see if i can help, i got a 5 on one and a 4 on raining blood (both expert).
I will join the boat of those who are stuck on the Devil on hard. That bastard doesn't go down!
Quote by Qazxs
I got kicked out of a Mac store when me and my friends simultaneously put on meatspin on all of the computers in the store. Some eleven or twelve year old looking girls there freaked out.
My friend beat Lou on expert. He's got mad skillz. I got em on hard, medium , and easy though..
Quote by IHATECHILDREN
We're in the same boat, apparently.

No bitch. I beat it on hard now
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
Quote by guitar_freak333
I will join the boat of those who are stuck on the Devil on hard. That bastard doesn't go down!

you gotta know when to use the powerups. if that doesn't work, just do what the tutorial says and throw multiple attacks at the same time. that will usually destroy them pretty quick.

a few good tips:

- the double notes powerup takes a few seconds to kick in

- use the whammy powerup when they get a bunch of tremolo picking parts
Yeah, my brother beat him on expert, but after a lot of tries.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
Quote by metal4life592
Yeah, my brother beat him on expert, but after a lot of tries.

i tried so many times to beat him on expert, then one day i just beat him on expert on the first try, i was shocked.

the trick is to get the whammy powerup as the first powerup and use it on him when he gets the string of green notes.