Hey again.
Another year, another guitar....

bass...

guitar...

hell yeah

So i have untill easter now to design and make this one, and boy will it be fun!
specs:

-3 piece maple/brazillian mahogany neck
-bubinga fretless board with maple side markers
-memphis art school influenced body
-chambered african mahogany body
-flamed maple top, with bevels down to the mahoany in certain places
-bolted on neck, or a set, not decided yet
-noiseless jazz bass pickups
-volume, tone and blend controls

thats all im giving you guys for now, but ill tell you now..
some of you wont like this design
..some will
i dont care, because i do and its interesting

check my other build thread for my work, and untill i have some pics to show you (couple days)
cya soon!
nick
Last edited by godofshred at Jan 28, 2008,
"scartches chin"
i might go hum, then noiseless jazz neck.

i dont wanna put too much on there as im keeping costs low, and dont want it too look too crowded.

here is another leak about the design.
double bass styled headstock..
Sounds cool, look foward to pics You building it for any one inparticular or just a creation?

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
very nice. you building a fretless rather than just filling in the frets i like it, and judging on your other build this is going to be very very sexy
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
no problem
Quote by godofshred

im really intrigued by this , what exactly does it mean ?
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
Maybe like this?
Where the top layer is sanded down around the edges to show a different wood underneath. It ends up looking like binding just a lot classier.
Attachments:
1.jpeg
2.jpeg
GB&C Pedal Builders and Mod Squadron
vBulletin Message

Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own buddy list.

Bugger
have you got a finalized design ready to show us?
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

sounds good, and looking at that other build, I have no doubt about the awesomeness of this once its done. Everyone should check out the link in his first post.
maybe something like the ibanez BTB prestige basses? (as far as the flamed maple with bevels to show the mahogany go).
I'm kind of picturing an ibanez X shaped guitar with smaller lower left (where the output jack usually is) and upper right (on the upper side of the neck, closest to the neck) horns, with the buzzard style lower horn... Am I even close?
updates!

so, i started designing a while ago, and have started with rapid progress now, here are some specs..crossed out ones are ones that have been altered

-3 piece maple/brazillian mahogany neck with deep volute
-bubinga fretless board with maple side markers (maybe a custom inlay at the 12th fret position)
-memphis art school influenced body
-chambered african mahogany body
-bolted on neck, or a set, not decided yet set-thru neck construction, with no heel at all, literally none
-jazz bass pickups
-volume, tone and blend controls

check my other build thread for my work, and untill i have some pics to show you (TOMORROW!)
cya soon!
nick
Bubinga! I played a bass made of solid bubinga. That thing was tiny, but it weighed at least 16 pounds.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
couple pics of the makeshift jig.

basically, i used a piece of pine that was placed adjacent to the fretboard, in line with where i want the fretboard tapered to.
doing this means i wont go too far when i plane, and also, the final few planes will be flush and at a good 90* angle.

Ooooh thats nice. Maybe the lower left horn in the top pic could have come out backwards a bit further but it's cool
that looks great man, like really good.

i love that design.
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
If I were you, I'd make the top circular portions join in more of a 'u' shape instead of a 'v' shape. I dunno if that conveys the idea, but it sounds a lot less rude than "the top looks like a butt".
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
everyone loves some ass though

and the top has a LOT of shaping to be done yet, relax

today i only had an hour, so i cut/shaped the bass side horn and cleaned that up a tad.
routed the electronics cavity and planned for the neck tennon, which i should be routing for tomorrow.